electrical problem 02 silverado

So i took off the metal cover z71 logo on the brake light on the back of the cab to paint it.i lost the screws and put random screws i had laying around from my house "dont know if this was the problem but doubt it" around that same time blinkers and brake lights are acting funny

1.blinkers in dash stay on when i brake

2.when using blinkers during the day and press brake the blinker im using flashes faster than normal

3.all the back lights flash kinda dimly when brake is pressed when atleast in parked havnt checked if they do it when driving

Has anyone had a similar problem or an idea what wrong

i havent messed with anything else but that cover plate

Good luck welcome to the electrical nightmare. Time to pull out a multimeter and get a friend, you have a long process of diagnoses to do if you tackle this yourself. Let us know what the problem is if you find it.

Best get a schematic.

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not saying this is your problem but once I had both filiments of a 1157 bulb fuse together tying marker/taillight and brakelight/signal circuits together causing crazy combinations of blinking lights inside and outside. Good luck with your search

What do you mean filiments fuse together amd what did you do to fix the problem

Just what it sounds like, the filiments inside the bulb comes into contact with each other and get stuck, linking both circuits. The fix would be to replace the bulb and be sure there is no damage in the socket.

Just what it sounds like, the filiments inside the bulb comes into contact with each other and get stuck, linking both circuits. The fix would be to replace the bulb and be sure there is no damage in the socket.

this..common issue

Oh ok thanks ive replaced some bulbs but not all of them ill try replacing all bulbs as far as connectors what do i look for to tell if they are messed up

Burning or corrosion

I'd look for anything that is melted, burned or corroded. Those would be the suspect areas to inspect more closely to be sure they are still making contact properly. Also make sure all the sockets are dry, on my truck I have one day time running light fixture that keeps getting flooded out and have to drain it from time to time.

Archived