Okay guys, So since it has been warm enough here in M.A. to ruin snowmobile season both at home and up by Mount Washington where I ride... again (apparently there is snow now, but I am aggrevated and am not spending 84.00 to ride my sled 2 weekends)...SO I'm starting to get the itch to dust off the 4 wheeler and get it ready for the spring. 06 YFZ 450, motor is completely stock except for removing the airbox lid and a re-jet. I would love to tear into the motor but exhaust modifications are illigal in N.H. where I ride a lot, and if I cant let it breath then there is no point in doing anything to it. I just added ITP Mudlights to the back, Lonestar Sprocket Protector and some off brand handguards, I don't remember the name. I have PRM A Arm and Belly skid plates on order, as well as ITP holeshot HDs for the front. I'll get a pic when I'm finished, but for now here are a couple from last year when it was bone stock. The top one is Jericho State Park in Berlin N.H. How many other ATV/Dirtbike/whatever else riders do we have on here? Post up some pics

P.S. The Polaris sticker in my back window is because I have a Polaris sled, but since there seems to be less and less snow, I got this for another hobby.

2012-07-19_15-15-04_462.jpg

2012-07-17_17-34-51_726.jpg

Nice wheeler! Love my '04.

Just a few mods, nothing special..

Houser + 2 steering shaft, ProTaper Evo bars, ASV clutch handle, Stainless Clutch lines, Terry Cable Stainless Throttle,

K&N filter, Stage 3 AMF jet kit, HMF exhaust, and Parking brake delete.

wheeler003.jpg

This year I will have to replace my starter if i plan to go out anywhere.. crapped the bed on me just before winter. I looked into the kick start kit but its a bit more than I'd like to spend.

bone stock 2008 bought new in 2008. Yep that's a ice auger.

Never noticed any sag in front but have back loaded down more then front. Only use it for ice fishing the rest of the year she sits in the ice trailer.

Edited by MTPoleKat

shame your not closer, my 400 is for sale

Well even if I was close I'm looking for something in the $2k range. Preferably $1500, then I'd do $500 worth of upgrades. I've actually seen a nice Raptor in state for $1800. Money goes a lot further with the sport quads than the utility quads. You pay $3k more for racks and 4x4 :lol:

Well even if I was close I'm looking for something in the $2k range. Preferably $1500, then I'd do $500 worth of upgrades. I've actually seen a nice Raptor in state for $1800. Money goes a lot further with the sport quads than the utility quads. You pay $3k more for racks and 4x4 :lol:

if you mean a raptor 660, i personally would stay away from them, the few that i have seen are junk, especially with dual carbs. the 700's are a different story. in that price range you could find a clean LTZ400 or 400EX. maybe an older 450r of YFZ.

Edited by KMGZ400

I've seen some YFZ450's go for around $2500, they're supposed to have about as much power as a 450. I've also seen a couple decent Honda 400's, they had been bench raced pretty hard, they had nice mods and the owners had spent more time putting on stickers than riding them. Just going to have to start looking after the money comes in.

i would pay a little more to buy a clean stock ATV rather then one that has been heavily modified. most of the heavily modified ones are the ones that have lots of issues

Very true! I see alot of them at the dunes that are modified all to hell and run like shit, people will buy this add then this add and then a couple more add ons later to which they do not tune or modify the first add to run with the ones they keep adding then just run the piss out of them and do not maintain them because they just don't run like they think they should. When I did my Banshee I did it all at once and everything was matched to run together then dyno tuned to run perfect.

• Like 1