I wouldn't mind having a 'Shee either, but I'd prefer a 4 stroke for what I'd be using it for. I'll probably end up with a YFZ 450. There's a lot of them around in really good shape. The only things I'd want to change right away would be a cam, exhaust, and getting a set of paddles.

Edited by kstruckcountry

I have never personally raced one, but I read that 450s are faster off the line than Raptors, whether it be a 700 or 660 but the Raptor have them top end.

The geometry on Raptor 660's are horrible, you cant corner hard or keep the front wheels on the ground period.

if you mean a raptor 660, i personally would stay away from them, the few that i have seen are junk, especially with dual carbs. the 700's are a different story. in that price range you could find a clean LTZ400 or 400EX. maybe an older 450r of YFZ.

I could not agree with this more, exactly what I was going to say

To put what you should pay in perspective I got my 450 for 2700, from a dealer. and it was stock except for a stupid FMF pipe I took off that it wasn't jetted for. It had barely been ridden, It was in pristine condition, the underneath wasn't even scratched up.

I wouldn't mind having a 'Shee either, but I'd prefer a 4 stroke for what I'd be using it for. I'll probably end up with a YFZ 450. There's a lot of them around in really good shape. The only things I'd want to change right away would be a cam, exhaust, and getting a set of paddles.

The "Shee" is awesome for what I do with it (Dunes) but if you want to be able to putz around in the woods a "Shee" is not what you want a 4 stroke would for sure be better for that

? maybe it's a Michigan thing? Ya know woods? Forrest? Tight trails through the trees?

Tree(s)? :wtf:

Like the things in this pic? Where I come from we call them power poles. But these ones had weird green stuff on 'em. jumpcrop_zps8b8984a3.png

:lol:

Edited by kstruckcountry

I have never personally raced one, but I read that 450s are faster off the line than Raptors, whether it be a 700 or 660 but the Raptor have them top end.

The geometry on Raptor 660's are horrible, you cant corner hard or keep the front wheels on the ground period.

I could not agree with this more, exactly what I was going to say

To put what you should pay in perspective I got my 450 for 2700, from a dealer. and it was stock except for a stupid FMF pipe I took off that it wasn't jetted for. It had barely been ridden, It was in pristine condition, the underneath wasn't even scratched up.

the raptor 700 is a good bike, but its a trail bike, its big and heavy and pretty narrow. some people prefer that but its not comparable to a lightweight, wide, low 450.