p0446 and p0449

lugmastro

Question

I have a 2009 GMC Sierra 5.3l throwing P0446 and P0449. First off can I fix this on my own? Second, How much damage am I causing driving with these codes? Need some help and quick.

10 answers to this question

My 2010 at 50,000 threw the same codes, same problem, same kit, only had the dealer take care of it. Basically cost me an extra $100 vs. doing myself. Now seeing a video like this one, maybe I would have made the time to do it myself instead. I also drove a couple thousand miles before finally getting the work done with no problems.

Sorry I can't help you with these. But, the guys in the "ask a GM technician" forum are great. You might want to move this question to that forum and I'm sure you'll get some quick answers.

I'm at the same mileage. How much did they charge to fix it?

I don't have my receipt anymore. I think it was a couple hundred. Had it done when I went in for oil change. Only thing I've ever had fail (so far :fingersx: ) on this vehicle.

I will. I just need a couple weeks for the cash flow to start buying parts. I'm screwed if it's a ground, electricity and I are not friends.

Archived