Chris' 04 Sierra 1500 Fun Daily Build

Chris

Now that I am out of bed, the tires are 275/55R20XL Cooper's. I keep 50 PSI in the back when I tow. the 2500HD springs helped a lot in that. the trailer is 9300 pounds not ready to camp

You need that regear. Your tranny is gonna be cursing you

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an alternate route if I cant regear at the beginning of July. It has far less hills. It is almost flat.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to add something. My transmission cooler was installed by Sean Mahaney, who used to be the lead fabricator of West Coast Customs/Street Customs. He's is now a fabricator at Ace hydraulic in Bakersfield, CA. When I went in for the work I was immediately referred to his bay. He is real humble and didn't mention his time with the other shop or "Pimp My Ride".

Wednesday I ran into my old neighbor while getting gas. Josh (my old neighbor) is a field tech for Ace Hydraulic and he was asking about the install and who did it. I told him Sean and at the point he said he was the best man for the job. He begun to tell me what Sean did before becoming a local hydraulic technician. So I have to give a massive thanks to Sean Mahaney for the amazing work he did on my truck and how friendly he was to me. He let me stand there every step of the way.

Sean Ace.jpg

Sean wcc1.jpg

Sean wcc2.jpg

Sean Ace.jpg

Sean wcc1.jpg

Sean wcc2.jpg

Sean Ace.jpg

Sean wcc1.jpg

Sean wcc2.jpg

Sean Ace.jpg

Sean wcc1.jpg

Sean wcc2.jpg

I have an alternate route if I cant regear at the beginning of July. It has far less hills. It is almost flat.

You planning on getting a regear here soon? You can do some sweet burnouts then haha

I cam smoke "a"(open diff) 20 on 3.42's. I dont have the funds right now damn trip to utah for my friends wedding killed me

I'm only 2wd and I was in your neck of.the woods Sunday. Spent the day in vegas

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Haha, nice. I'm actually home on leave right now in Michigan. I got a quote once for regearing my 06, I had purchased the gears for the rear and front. I was going to put in 4.56 instead of the stock 3.73 (lifted running 35's). They told me just to do the rear end it would be just under $1000. I said no thank you and hung up.

I stopped in Vegas for the day Sunday just to take a break

Haha, nice. I'm actually home on leave right now in Michigan. I got a quote once for regearing my 06, I had purchased the gears for the rear and front. I was going to put in 4.56 instead of the stock 3.73 (lifted running 35's). They told me just to do the rear end it would be just under $1000. I said no thank you and hung up.

Dang thats expensive. I even asked my dealer what it would cost them to do mine (both), and they gave me a quote for 800 an axle. And that is for the install of gears, axles, carrier, bearings, and shimmed properly (all parts provided by me). I thought that was a bit high, but I haven't called around yet for other quotes.

I am going to order a complete 14 bolt rear, 3.73 w/G80 and brakes from a 2012 NHT. Only thing I need to do is retune and get an adapting U-joint from Spicer. Got all my in for today. It will run me like $2200 new after taxes.

After I fox the smaller issues and pass emissions (knock sensors, right cat) I will do this.

They dont make the half yon ones with a 4.10 anymore and I also do a lot of highway driving with this truck. A tuner also advised me against 4.10's if I go with forced induction

So I picked up a hydro boost brake booster today, also a Trailblazer SS intake manifold complete with rails and injectors.

I am going to order a complete 14 bolt rear, 3.73 w/G80 and brakes from a 2012 NHT. Only thing I need to do is retune and get an adapting U-joint from Spicer. Got all my in for today. It will run me like $2200 new after taxes.

After I fox the smaller issues and pass emissions (knock sensors, right cat) I will do this.

I'm assuming this already has the 6 lug axles in it? I wouldn't mind having something stronger for a rear end, that is if I decide to build a 6.0

Archived