2014 Sierra / Silverado - 6.2 only available on Double & Crew Cabs

I was looking through the 2014 GMC Sierra brochure and noticed that the 6.2 is only available on:

Double Cab Standard Box

Crew Cab Short Box

Crew Cab Standard Box

http://www.gmc.com/content/dam/GMC/global/master/nscwebsite/en/home/Vehicles/Current_Vehicles/2014_MYR/2014_Sierra_1500/Model_Overview/02_PDF/2014-GMC-Sierra-1500-Brochure.pdf

Not a surprise to most, there is no regular cab 6.2 option.

You MUST upgrade to SLT in order to get the 6.2 engine. :shakehead: The GMT900 trucks would allow you to get a 6.2 on SLE trim.

I know a few were holding out hope for a 6.2 reg cab. Another disappointment is that you must have SLT trim = give GM more $$$

I know a few were holding out hope for a 6.2 reg cab. Another disappointment is that you must have SLT trim = give GM more $$$

They did this with the original introduction of the 6.2 the first year(2009?). Then the following year let it go to the LT/SLE models.

Ford kept their 6.2 to top of the line only until the 2013 model year.

The GM reg cab with 6.2 at best may only be a few hundred special addition to address the Ford Tremor/Ram RT. But again that is hopeful at best. GM will likely cite there is not enough interest in reg cabs to add such a cost. Personally would love to see them do it, but not likely to buy one.

That said, during the introduction year, rarely a mfg of trucks rolls out all the good stuff. The first year is generally spent building interest & selling the all new design.

They did this with the original introduction of the 6.2 the first year(2009?). Then the following year let it go to the LT/SLE models.

Ford kept their 6.2 to top of the line only until the 2013 model year.

The GM reg cab with 6.2 at best may only be a few hundred special addition to address the Ford Tremor/Ram RT. But again that is hopeful at best. GM will likely cite there is not enough interest in reg cabs to add such a cost. Personally would love to see them do it, but not likely to buy one.

That said, during the introduction year, rarely a mfg of trucks rolls out all the good stuff. The first year is generally spent building interest & selling the all new design.

Thanks for the info, maybe the 2015 or 2016 6.2 will be avail in sle trim

I guess this is the new GM. The old one wasted money building stupid things like the SSR truck, an All Wheel drive extra cab sport truck and the HHR van.

In my opinion a real 6.2 sport truck or a raptor 4x4 type truck would make more sense than any of these. I see a ton of Ford Raptors on the road.

GM is weak and scared to take the lead. I don't see any raptor fighter or tremor truck being built. Wish GM had the balls to take the lead but it seems GM is fine being a follower.

Take the lead in what? Low volume specialty trucks?

And Zane said that there may well be a Raptor fighter in the works. These trucks have just barely begun to arrive nationwide, give it time.

Mike is right... Believe me.. if they knew they could make a big return, they would build it. They have data and info on things you will never know. Plus, GM has taken the lead in the past. Anyone remember the 454 SS truck around 1990... then Ford lighting that followed? or SS cars from the 60's?

The Raptor is going to be like the Hummer - only cool for about 2 weeks. All those Hummer's are real cool today aren't they? I feel sorry for the big juiced out gym monkeys still driving those things from 2005... and still stuck with a $700 payment. You can't give those things away now..

Mike is right... Believe me.. if they knew they could make a big return, they would build it. They have data and info on things you will never know. Plus, GM has taken the lead in the past. Anyone remember the 454 SS truck around 1990... then Ford lighting that followed? or SS cars from the 60's?

The Raptor is going to be like the Hummer - only cool for about 2 weeks. All those Hummer's are real cool today aren't they? I feel sorry for the big juiced out gym monkeys still driving those things from 2005... and still stuck with a $700 payment. You can't give those things away now..

I liked the Hummer till I realized it used the 6.5L diesel and a Turbo 400 trans. No thanks. If I came across an Alpha with the Duramax/Allison for a nice price I'd be all over it but I doubt you'll ever find one for a nice price.

Don't be fooled Won Ton.. all of the big 3 are still run by the gov. Why don't you buy a Ford since you hate on GM so much? oh! that's right you are only a 14 year old internet bad A$$ with no license or money..

Yes.. they should start with the GM haters on the forum....it's out of control. If they don't ... they can feel free to ban me since I won't come around anyway. Tired of sticking up for a company i love. It's nothing like this on other GM forums.

Archived