'14 Auto door lock Feature, Any control by DIC?

New '14 owners: On the '14s can you program via the dic the auto lock feature so all doors do not lock on take off? My 09 does not have the option and I had to jump through special programming hoops to stop the auto lock on take off.

Anything else you really like in way of DIC control options that are different than the 900s?

No option to turn off the auto door locks.

There is an on/off option to fold in the mirrors with the remote (when the lock or unlock button is pressed and held). My '07 didn't have that. My '07 also didn't have memory seats/mirror, but on the '14 you can set the reverse tilt mirror to be just the passenger or the driver, both or off. Thought that was a neat option.

No option to turn off the auto door locks.

There is an on/off option to fold in the mirrors with the remote (when the lock or unlock button is pressed and held). My '07 didn't have that. My '07 also didn't have memory seats/mirror, but on the '14 you can set the reverse tilt mirror to be just the passenger or the driver, both or off. Thought that was a neat option.

well shhhhhhoot!

• 4 months later...

this sucks, alot. My 2010 had a setting where it wouldn't lock the doors until you were moving a certain speed. When you are pulling trailers through the field and someone is getting in/out helping with gates, this is brutal. You constantly are reaching for the door locks to unlock the doors.

There are settings, but as far as I can tell none of them affect the behavior I describe. I can't recall exactly the description, but something about delay door locks. Not sure what it does, but it didn't do what I wished it did.

• 1 month later...

As far as I can tell, there have been no developments on this. On weeks like I have recently had pulling hay wagons through various pastures, the temptation to start cutting wires until the locks stop locking is hard to overcome.

This is maddening. I don't expect many to understand, but this is trade in material.

I have a call into my dealer, and havent heard back.

This is maddening. I don't expect many to understand, but this is trade in material.

Yeah, it's pretty clear they had nobody in the group making those decisions who had ever spent any time on a farm or ranch. That's sad as that is supposed to be one of their biggest customer base targets.

The good thing is I think they went so overboard, making it so annoying, that farmers and ranchers that buy these things will be demaning a fix from dealers in great enough numbers eventually GM should offer one.

The previous generation is the same way by default. At lease my 2011 can't be disabled. But, the dealer can reflash the BCM to disable auto locking. Maybe they can for the new trucks too?

I believe this is a vehicle safety feature, I doubt you can control it. The features in the driver control center only allow you to change how the doors unlock, one click all doors or one click driver, two clicks remaining doors.

The

previous generation is the same way by default. At lease my 2011 can't

be disabled. But, the dealer can reflash the BCM to disable auto

locking. Maybe they can for the new trucks too?

Didn't you at least have the option of only locking at a certain speed?

I believe this is a vehicle safety feature, I doubt you can control it. The features in the driver control center only allow you to change how the doors unlock, one click all doors or one click driver, two clicks remaining doors.

I would like to see data showing having the doors locked at speeds under 5 MPH adds safety. Safety from carjacking maybe.... Call it the "Newark Special Feature."

Archived