Bed Liner Discussion

I went with LineX and I'm pleased with the results.

A Bedrug would have been my second choice for light duty use....but I have a slide in camper.

Wouldn't have a plastic drop in liner for the reasons mentioned above, plus you can't use them with campers.

Read that link about the Rhino install. What a nightmare!

Check out your installer closely.

I'm well aware of what goes into a spray in prep but the difference is Line-X and the others essentially replace the paint that is sanded away. The drop-ins will vibrate and rub off paint and leave a mess should you ever choose to get rid of it. Spray-ins cost way more but when you're spending $30k+ on a new truck the few hundred the spray-in costs is a drop in the bucket.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a plastic liner on my last truck, it was a 2012, and I had it about 18 months. Before I traded it in I peeled it up partially to rinse out the bed. The clearcoat, basecoat, and primer was rubbed through to bare metal and rust was already starting. I used the bed of truck like an oversized trunk, nothing real heavy or abusive was put in there. If you plan on keeping your truck any length of time I would shy away from them.

For those of you who have had bed rugs in the past how durable are they? How do they hold up to moderate use (throwing logs in them and things like that)? Also, how hard is it on the paint below it? Does it tear things up like the plastic liners do? Is the underside molded to match the contours of the bed? How is the Bed Rug held in place on the sides and on the tailgate?

Looks interesting. I just wonder if the side panels have a non abrasive backing? If not they'll have the same type of issues that drop in liners have.

One reason I didn't go with it. You have three pieces attached with a few plastic pins. I would like to see one in person to see how tight they fit etc. My old truck bed still looks pretty good with just the bed mat. Depends on what you use it for. I can't stand a regular bed liner because everything is always sliding around if you don't tie it down.

For those of you who have had bed rugs in the past how durable are they? How do they hold up to moderate use (throwing logs in them and things like that)? Also, how hard is it on the paint below it? Does it tear things up like the plastic liners do? Is the underside molded to match the contours of the bed? How is the Bed Rug held in place on the sides and on the tailgate?

I would like to know how durable they are as well. This is my first one, so I have no long term experience with them, I use my bed as an oversized trunk, so it's perfect for me. The bottom is molded with heavy foam, everything attaches with heavy duty velcro.

I had LineX sprayed in my 2010 Silverado the day after I got it. I would have already had my 14 Sierra sprayed but the local LineX folk were moving their operation. It was perfect for me and the way I used my former truck, and suspect it will be in this new one as well.

They advised against the color matched option, which I think was fairly new when I had my last truck done. I honestly like the black spray with the matte black toolbox so thats what I'm going with this time as well.

I talked to them and they have done several 2014s and had good results with taping the bed lights.

It doesn't seem like mine yet because the spray and toolbox install haven't been done yet. Day after tomorrow...

http://www.dualliner.com/

I looked at them myself. Might be a good option. I'm just going with a bet mat for now.

Looks interesting. I just wonder if the side panels have a non abrasive backing? If not they'll have the same type of issues that drop in liners have.

Yeah I really like this option, but without knowing if the front and sides eventually rub the paint off, it would be a no go.

I tried finding any comments on the internet that indicated any issues like that and couldn't really find any, so it's really tough to know for sure.

Has anyone heard/ had QWIK Liner installed? If so, whats the feedback? From what I was told it is has the UV protection built in, only one "model" to go with, unlike Line-X who has a few models. It isn't as hard of a liner as Line-X, but not as "soft" as Rhino. Again, only going by the "sales pitch"! Lol

My one concern is dealer support after the sale. Line-X has been around for a while, with a larger dealer network.

TY!

Chris

Please post pics when you can. Will help in my decision

So I went with the LineX and Roll N Lock. I've owned 2 Roll N Locks in the past and went with a Retax on my last truck since they we fairly new and only $800 shipped versus the then $1400 for a Roll N Lock .

What I've seen currently is they are priced within $50 of each other and the Roll N Lock is much better built. I know that for sure after already owning them both.

All I can say is I love having the Roll N Lock again! Such a sweet setup!!

PIcs...

IMG_2713_zps1813ebdf.jpg

IMG_2714_zps4b566e16.jpg

IMG_2704_zps189ea77f.jpg

IMG_2705_zpsd1699e12.jpg

IMG_2706_zpsa59d5426.jpg

IMG_2707_zps5f91d17d.jpg

IMG_2710_zpsd6949aa7.jpg

IMG_2709_zps333829af.jpg

IMG_2716_zps3da0f63a.jpg

IMG_2715_zpse4e2a7ab.jpg

Archived