Bed Liner Discussion

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I have a spray in liner($395) with a bed mat($69) on my 14. In other trucks I have had a bed rug and drop in liners and spray in liners, they all have positive and negatives. the problem with the bed rug was that it held water and I had a hard time getting pine needles out of it.

Ok, I actually have a lot of experience on this topic. I worked as a truck accessory shop foreman for 3 years(06-09) and our shop truck had bed rug. It was a megacab ram. We put the bedrug in back in 2006, it's still in there, still in tact, and probably about 80% of the condition of a new one. The Velcro has held up great, there's a few fraying spots from metal getting hung up on it as it was drug out of the bed. And that bed was USED, it wasn't a show truck.

I have personally sprayed qwikliner. It is an awesome product as long as it's applied properly, just like any other liner. Our shop warrantied the liner for 5 years against peeling and fading. I had 3 come back for peeling and it was my fault for not prepping the surface correctly. Never had one come back for fading.

The dual liner is great. The sides do not move. They mount pretty solid. Old school liners rubbed in two main spots, the top of the rail of the bed, and the actual bed bottom. The dual liner does not rub at all. It is very well made and very nice with a great customer support system. They really care if you're happy and satisfied. I will be going with one of these in my personal truck next week. I will post detailed pictures for you guys.

Also, feel free to PM about anything you guys may wanna know about these products, I am very well versed and very experienced in both selling and installing 99% of these products.

my dealership (Beck and Masten North) has their own aftermarket dept that worked me a great deal on a spray-in liner, clear-bra, and window tint. All products will have a lifetime warranty thru them. I believe they are using the Toff-liner product. Their showcase truck in the showroom looked quite nice - it was consistent without runs or drips, not too abrasive but definitely slip resistant. I had originally planned to go with Line-X

Has anyone with a bedrug used the moveable tiedowns? I'm on the fence of purchasing the gm bedrug and wasn't sure how bad it would be cutting the liner to install them

I don't have the moveable tiedowns, but I did cut my bedrug to get access to the 4 cargo hooks in the bottom of the bed. The bedrug cut very easily with a sharp utility knife.

Mike

I wanted to have bed liner included in my financing, so I asked the dealership who they used for spray-in liner. They did Rhino Liner. I had done a bit of research on the different options and had heard mixed results with Rhino Liner, but went ahead and did it. I'm pretty happy with the results. The coating is thick and very durable feeling, but also has just a slight rubber feel that gives it a grip. Nothing that feels like it'll rip or anything - in fact I moved a really heavy piece of wood furniture last night in it and had to give it a push to get it up against the cab, and the liner was fine. It just gives it a really nice grip that prevents stuff from sliding around. Almost too much grip - there's no sliding anything in and out of the bed (the furniture mentioned above had to be pushed *really hard* to slide a few inches.) I had a heavy cardboard box back there a few days ago and couldn't slide it out at all - had to climb up and pick it up.

Anyway, the quality is pretty great. My only complaint was that they sprayed the liner on over the plastic covers for the add-on tie-downs, which I didn't purchase but had given some thought to purchasing. If I want them now I'll have to cut the plastic out somehow. I gave it a passing thought as I handed the truck over to have the liner installed, but now I wish I had either taken them out myself or at least specifically mentioned them. :dunno:

My father-in-law just bought an F150 (boo hiss) and it came with their drop-in bedliner in the back. Seems very flimsy. Probably apples and oranges, just noting my observation. I can definitely see where dirt and debris could get trapped in it. It almost seems to float.

Has anyone with a bedrug used the moveable tiedowns? I'm on the fence of purchasing the gm bedrug and wasn't sure how bad it would be cutting the liner to install them

I put the GMC branded bed rug in my 2014 and cutting the slots to push the moveable tiedowns through was a piece of cake, make a small cut with a utility knife and insert the tiedown. Looks very nice and actually adds even more support to hold the bedrug in place, not that it really needs it.

Archived