Bed Liner Discussion

Thanks for the replies guys, bought the chevy bedrug from fleabay for 320 shipped today. Should go good with my Access Lo-Pro tonneau

Thanks from me too-I bought the GMC Bed Rug from ebay with a price of $320 shipped. Forgot I had $61 in ebay bucks, so final price was only $258. Can't wait to install it.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I actually have a lot of experience on this topic. I worked as a truck accessory shop foreman for 3 years(06-09) and our shop truck had bed rug. It was a megacab ram. We put the bedrug in back in 2006, it's still in there, still in tact, and probably about 80% of the condition of a new one. The Velcro has held up great, there's a few fraying spots from metal getting hung up on it as it was drug out of the bed. And that bed was USED, it wasn't a show truck.

I have personally sprayed qwikliner. It is an awesome product as long as it's applied properly, just like any other liner. Our shop warrantied the liner for 5 years against peeling and fading. I had 3 come back for peeling and it was my fault for not prepping the surface correctly. Never had one come back for fading.

The dual liner is great. The sides do not move. They mount pretty solid. Old school liners rubbed in two main spots, the top of the rail of the bed, and the actual bed bottom. The dual liner does not rub at all. It is very well made and very nice with a great customer support system. They really care if you're happy and satisfied. I will be going with one of these in my personal truck next week. I will post detailed pictures for you guys.

Also, feel free to PM about anything you guys may wanna know about these products, I am very well versed and very experienced in both selling and installing 99% of these products.

Here is my experience with quikliner. My friends at a local body shop put it on suburban. It hasn't faded. The spray off the wheels chipped it around the wheel well edges. I took a big gouge out of it while offroading but that was my fault. Didn't expected it to hold up to sliding into a tree stump sideways. I've been very happy with it. FYI the red is the quikliner.

0419130946_zps82d6bef7.jpg

I received my Bed Rug today, and installed it in about an hour. Here is a pic.

Egiles. Where did you got it and if you don't mind sharing how much you paid?

I'm considering a bed rug too but also want to put a tonneau. I was looking at BakFlip hard cover sectional but they have those drain hoses that I don't want to drain on the bed rug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Egiles. Where did you got it and if you don't mind sharing how much you paid?

I'm considering a bed rug too but also want to put a tonneau. I was looking at BakFlip hard cover sectional but they have those drain hoses that I don't want to drain on the bed rug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Here is the link for the ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=221302216392

I had some ebay bucks, so it made it a bit cheaper for me. Still, $320 from a GM dealer is an excellent price.

Here is the link for the ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=221302216392

I had some ebay bucks, so it made it a bit cheaper for me. Still, $320 from a GM dealer is an excellent price.

Ease of install on a scale of 1-10? Assume it comes fit per size of bed so there's no cutting/fitting to be done? TIA

I just installed mine tonight and I'd say ease of install is a 2-3, just because you have to cut slits for the lower tie downs, upper tie downs, and bed lights if you have them. It's just time consuming if you're a perfectionist like me. It looks great though, very happy with it so far

My experience and opinion is about the same as hodges25-I considered it very easy to install overall, with the only cuts being for the tie downs and the bed rail lights. The pieces are molded and shaped to fit the bed perfectly. The only things you need for the install are a knife/utility blade along with some scissors for the cuts, and some towels and denatured (or isopropyl) alcohol to clean the bed where the adhesive will be placed. You may need a second person to help you maneuver the liner into the bed (and when the bottom piece is being zipped to the sides), but I did it all by myself without any issues.

I'm extremely pleased with mine so far.

Ease of install on a scale of 1-10? Assume it comes fit per size of bed so there's no cutting/fitting to be done?

Here's a dualliner in a 2014 silverado 6'6" bed

attachicon.gifphoto 1.JPGattachicon.gifphoto 2.JPGattachicon.gifphoto 3.JPG

This is a nice bedliner. I have the factory GM one and it has rubber plugs for the lower tie down hooks. The rubber plugs are very hard to put back in. Poor design.

I wanted 2 things on this truck, a bedrug and a hard cover. I ended up getting a Bedrug and a BAKFlip G2 through Amazon for my LT double cab 6'6" bed for $977 delivered (Amazon Prime is a great thing). Basically I got the cover and liner for less than the cost of a retractable cover.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm new to the forum after having just purchased a 2014 Sierra All Terrain Crew Cab (short box). My bed will typically get mild usage with things like trips to Home Depot, firewood, and bicycle transportation. I can't bring myself to go with a spray-in liner at this point, however I'm also very leery of using a flimsy drop in style. I'm looking for a happy medium. I'm not a fan of the Bed Rug either. It seems prone to water saturation and mold, as well as being hard to clean out. I found a low profile WeatherTech option that I like the looks of, but I've not seen any mention of anyone using it within this thread. Has anyone tried these, and what do you think about their functionality, fit, and durability. It seems to have a semi anti-slide surface.

http://www.weathertech.com/product-education-center/techliner-bed-tailgate-liner/

WeatherTech is a trusted brand but I'm seeking some real world input. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Why are you against a spray in? I have a professional spray in that another member and myself are going to put in my truck.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Chris. I just can't bring myself to have brand new paint sanded down and sprayed over permanently. Currently I'm looking for an economical but viable alternative. My opinion may soften over time but for now I'm not looking to spend that kind of money and make that drastic of a change to my brand new truck bed.

I'm not a fan of the spray in liners because they don't give any protection against dents and sharp objects getting thrown into the bed of the truck (example: you throw a heavy log in the bed of the truck and it hits the wheel well and puts a big dent in it and now you're stuck looking at it for the rest of the time you own the truck). The drop-in's have their faults as well but at least you don't have to stare at the damage for the next 8 years. I put a rugged liner in mine for $150 and it's anything but flimsy. I put roofing rubber underneath it to try and limit the rubbing on the bed of the truck over time. I'm sure it won't eliminate it but I think it should help and like I said at least I don't have to stare at it forever. Outta site outta mind kinda thing I guess.

Couldn't bring myself to do a bed rug since it was held on with velcro and cost 3 times as much...

Archived