Transit TIme Frame

fyrman

My truck has been in transit since Sept 30th and the dealer was advised of a delivery date of October 8th. Still no truck. Does anyone know what the in transit time has been running or how close to the delivery date given to the dealer has GM been accurate with?

Not sure and I also have a truck on order and in transit.. I doubt the government shutdown is helping...

I must admit the wait is killing me and I've gone from the kid at Christmas to almost pacing and while staring at the phone.. lol

It'll be worth it in the end, hold out man she's a comin'

On the bright side you'll get yours before me....

Truck was built in 2 weeks, got to Birmingham (4 hrs away) on the 7th. EDD is the 15th, but the dealer usually get them within 72 hrs from arrival to Bham. The anxiety is killing me, but even arriving tomorrow it will be 4 weeks. Coming from Mexico as well.

I just left the dealership. They had GM track the truck. Dealership was advised it is on a railcard between Chicago Heights (final drop off point) and Mexico. They could not tell where it is only it is on the the rail car. I asked if the Government Shutdown would effect the time frame with inspection and such. dealership was not for sure.

My truck has been in transit since Sept 30th and the dealer was advised of a delivery date of October 8th. Still no truck. Does anyone know what the in transit time has been running or how close to the delivery date given to the dealer has GM been accurate with?

Hello,

I understand that you are getting anxious about the arrival of your vehicle. I can guarantee any new information but I would like to look into this for you. Please private message me your name and order number.

Regards,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

The dealership speaks to GM today and we are told. All GM vehicle need to sit for three days after they are unloaded from the rail car. This is done so they can sort out vehicles sold and waiting to be delivered and just stock trucks going to dealers. My truck was set to be delivered October 8th as of Monday the 14th it was sitting on the rail car waiting to be unloaded. Forward to today. Thursday still sitting on rail car waiting to be unloaded and will sit another three business days until it will be shorted with the other vehicles and shipped. Now if i did not hear this on speaker phone I would not believe it but heard it myself. Just a little upset leaving for a 4 days trip tomorrow afternoon would have been a great trip for the truck. The dealership is great they are giving me a loaner car to use since I sold my other car local and sit car-less. So the truck sits 1 hour away on a rail car since Monday so if it is delivered next week mid week it had sat for 8 to 9 days in the rail yard.

Archived