2014 Price Increase

MikeNH

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They hit it but you will never pay that if you buy the truck right. Every option on my single cab short box sle took her to 43k, I drove her off the lot at 36,300.

Oh I know, but I'm still not thrilled with the price increases across the board. My 2011 ex. cab stickered for $37,330 and with just incentives (before down payment and positive equity on trade in) it was down to near $30,000. I just think GM left a lot out with limiting even a loaded reg cab to the smaller screen and though I know it was a slim chance, I did have a little hope that you could get the 6.2 in the regular cab. The most unlikely hope was that GM would make the reg cab more roomy like Ford and Ram have done but it's still the short 119" wheelbase they've had since 1999 with the 800-series.

I realize the truck's sticker prices have gone up, but for what you get, I think they are pretty much in line with everything else. When I bought my 1999 Sierra ext cab SLT Z71, the sticker was around $32,700. Now, 15 years later, my CC LTZ Z71 stickered a shade under $48,000. I think many things that cause prices to go up are the things you can't "see" on the trucks. However, most of it you can see and feel.

Side note, in 1974, my dad bought a brand new Corvette stingray for...$7400. My how times have changed.

so just to clarify, GM is restickering units already on the lot?

I'd assume so. Many dealers stock a hundred or more pickups so that'd be a lot of lost revenue.

I order loaded SLT 10 days ago, dealer called today and said price went up $1600 plus he could not get the truck by the end of October so I would lose my $1,000 GM bonus discount. So in effect $2600 price increase on the truck, told the dealer to cancel the order, that is BS. Going to look at Ford's tomorrow, screw GM

I order loaded SLT 10 days ago, dealer called today and said price went up $1600 plus he could not get the truck by the end of October so I would lose my $1,000 GM bonus discount. So in effect $2600 price increase on the truck, told the dealer to cancel the order, that is BS. Going to look at Ford's tomorrow, screw GM

Thanks for the useful first post. Regarding Ford, well, of course they aren't as expensive. You get what you pay for. Do I agree with the hikes in mid-stream, hell no. However, it says a few things: First, the trucks must be selling better than they initially expected, and/or Secondly, GM isn't the only one to do this. I know sales aren't spectacular, but I beleive they (the 14's) are selling better than GM thought they would out the gate, especially with the fire sale on the 13's.

Wish I had the links handy but, no, the new GM trucks are not selling all that well - at least they are still losing market share to Ford and Ram. Especially in Canada.

Wish I had the links handy but, no, the new GM trucks are not selling all that well - at least they are still losing market share to Ford and Ram. Especially in Canada.

I agree with that, I've seen some figures for Canada and GM as a whole is slipping lately. Ford and Ram also have 0% for 84 months on trucks, while GM is hardly budging on the 14 pricing. The new trucks are selling as they expected, I believe. The real sales figures will be once the 13s are gone and more cash gets thrown at them, or should I say there aren't 2013 on the lot that GM is nearly paying people to take. GM knows this, so therefore, I don't think there is any cause for concern yet.

Article in Detroit auto news reported that MSRP was increasing $1500 starting with units produced in beginning of October. I've been buying new GM trucks my whole life, but will have to consider Ford this go around.

Article in Detroit auto news reported that MSRP was increasing $1500 starting with units produced in beginning of October. I've been buying new GM trucks my whole life, but will have to consider Ford this go around.

If this is the case than a new truck is of the table.

Too bad.

so long

j-ten-ner

If this is the case than a new truck is of the table.

Too bad.

so long

j-ten-ner

Currently there is a rebate to offset it. Doesn't make much sense.

Archived