Remote Start / Heated Seats Issues

New Silverado LTZ owner here, love my truck but can't seem to get my heated seats working with remote start. I went to the vehicle settings and both heated and cooled seats are checked and here in Michigan its getting colder by the day. When I get in after its been started by remote start the seats are not warm. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance! Tom

Edited by txab
  • Like 1

This is an ongoing problem. Chevy will swear up and down they are working but they're not. You can't feel it when you get in. I ran my truck for two remote start cycles today (temp 34). Still nothing on the seats. Even when you push the heated seats button they're not that warm and heat unevenly, cold spots on the seat.

I was under the impression my seats are not getting warm too with the remote start (I own a sierra) but I found out that they are getting slightly warm in the middle of the seat, I could feel the difference with my hand, the center was warmer than the edges.

Don't expect it to warm up the same as you use the heated seat button, it was designed to slightly warm up your seats, no more than that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same problems, can't tell if the seat heaters or other features turn on. But what I really need is for the heaters and defrosters to turn on, an absolute necessity in upstate NY this time of year.

I don't get it, My wife's Nissan can do it. I assumed this truck could, had I known I would not have purchased it.

The guys that build these trucks live in Michigan, don't they get it?

Thanks.

• Like 1

On these trucks you have to make sure the seat heater is enabled in the settings menu.

To access the
personalization menu:
1. Select SETTINGS on the Home
page on the infotainment system
display.
2. Select Vehicle Settings.
Then find the section for:

Remote Start Auto Heat Seats
If equipped and turned on, this
feature will turn the heated seats on
when using remote start on
cold days.
Select Off or On. On some vehicles
select Off, On - Driver and
Passenger, or On - Driver.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having this problem as well. In the Mylink vehicle setting I checked the box to enable remote start heated seats, and unchecked the box for cooled seats, just for good measure. We have temps in the 30's here in Houston all day today and not once has this feature worked. It's also worth noting that the heated seats themselves seem to do very little compared to other models.

The heated seats are on but it is a really low setting. Once you get in just turn the seat heaters on. Mine get warm within a minute or two even if it is below 0' F.. Also both the mirrors and rear window defroster work too. I have proven this on my truck multiple times living in Alaska..

• Like 1

My dealer told me gm is working on an update to how the seat heaters function. I have had my truck in several times and they still don't heat correctly. My passenger side back is toasty but the button is slightly warm. The driver side works pretty well on the days that it actually works. I am really upset over this but right now it's just a waiting game till gm fixes it.

I have a14' LT Z71 with cloth heated seats and remote start . My DIC does not give me the option in vehicle settings for remote start or heated seats.

Is this where you were looking?

page 5-44

Vehicle Personalization

Use the audio system controls to access the personalization menus for customizing vehicle features.

The following are all possible personalization features. Depending on the vehicle, some may not be available.

Turn the MENU knob to highlight a feature or option. Press the MENU knob to select the feature or option.

Press o BACK to return to the previous menu.

To access the personalization menu:

1. Select SETTINGS on the Home page on the infotainment system display.

2. Select Vehicle Settings.

Personalization Menus

The following list of menu items may be available:

. Climate and Air Quality

. Collision/Detection Systems

. Comfort and Convenience

. Lighting

. Power Door Locks

. Remote Lock, Unlock, Start

Remote Start Auto Heat Seats

If equipped and turned on, this feature will turn the heated seats on when using remote start on cold days.

Select Off or On.

On some vehicles select Off, On - Driver and Passenger,

or On - Driver.

Good test this morning here in Michigan, it was 12 degrees out and I did the remote start for one cycle. Got in and the seat was not cold but not very warm. Hit the heated seat button and within about 5 mins my but was roasting. Just would like it to be toasty when you first get in but if thats the worse thing that happens for the truck I am not going to complain. It just turned 1200 miles and everytime I drive it I like it more and more.

• Like 1

I have 2014 Sierra Z71 1500. Having the sam issues with the seats not heating during remote start. I let the truck run through two cycles of 10 min remote starts and seat are not heating. Also, once I get in the truck and turn on the heat seats it take 10-15 minutes for them to heat up and the bottom is uneven. The back heats better. Took it to the dealer and they said its workingproperly - typical. I have seen several forums and blogs on this subject. It certainily is a common problem. Lots of disappointed 2014 owners me included. My friend has a new Dodge Ram and his works great with remote start, even the steering wheel heats up. I think GM has a design flaw that they are not admitting.

Planning to write GMC customer care. Be interesting to see what they say.