Remote Start / Heated Seats Issues

Ok here we go again. (This should be made a sticky by now. lol) The seats in these new trucks are NOT like what you expect from previous years or other manufacturers. Thank GM for that. They do come on during remote start as long as it is turned on in your vehicle settings but, at a very very low heat setting. Think of it as a preheat. Once you get in and turn the key hit the heated seat button and they should get warm within a minute. However at that -30 temp it may take a little longer. Yes the seats do not stay on when the key is turned. You must hit the button and turn them on.

Edited by Blue Sierra Owner
  • Like 1

And as an added feature should you want your front windshield deiced while it warms up be sure and turn auto off as it wont defrost itself

Not sure if serious. But anyways I remember when I remote started my 08 gmc it would blow hot air on the defrost setting when it was cold and it would blow ac in the hot summer weather. Don't think my 14 does this, but really haven't used it long enough to determine either.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

at the minimum, the seats should be on the low heat setting when using remote start and its cold.

During the recent extreme cold weather, the seats were like sitting on an iceberg (even with (2) 10 minute

remote start cycles).

GM took a step backwards compared to my previous '08 when it comes to the remote start.

do these trucks have the mirror defrost? my mirror had lots of moisture on it from it being very humid out one night and I turned on the rear defrost and the back window cleared up but my drivers side mirror did not ever clear up it stayed with the moisture on it and I could not see out of the mirror the whole way home... my 12 had a separate button for the mirror defrost but I don't see one in my '14