Remote Start / Heated Seats Issues

Long time since anyone posted so I thought I'd add this tidbit. I recently picked up a 2015 Silverado LTZ with heated/cooled seats. I also thought my system wasn't working so I took it to my dealer yesterday (had I seen this thread before then I would have saved the trip) only to be told - working as designed. BUT, my idiot "service advisor" went so far as to say that after 2013, they no longer use a heating element in the seats but use an air bladder that is connected to the heating ducts much like a defroster and the seat is only heated with hot air so I shouldn't expect to have warmer seats until the engine temp is warm enough. He even went and found a bladder to show me how it worked. I'll be re-educating him very soon.

I am now concerned that my heated seat on High isn't getting hot enough and will have to investigate that next. I know that on the few short trips I've taken, I've never had to turn it down because of it being too hot - unlike I have to do in my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee.....that baby gets really HOT.

• 2 months later...

After reading through this thread, great info by the way, I have to say I am experiencing the same issue. The seats work great will the the key is in the ignition and on. When I have all the settings setup correctly, the seats feel as if they are not generating any heat. I have owned several GM vehicles, there are currently 5 GM vehicles in my immediate family and all of them have really hot seats while using RVS except the '14s (Denali, Silverado, Sierra). I read a few pages here but not all 15... was there any resolve or fix that anyone found?

Thanks!!

• 7 months later...

I bought my 2015 3500 GMC about 5 months ago and my heating element is out in my driver seat already. They want 700 bucks to fix it. There is not a chance in f'ing hell I will pay 700 bucks to fix something that isn't even a year and a half old yet in a vehicle that MSRP's at 70000 dollars. Buyer beware! To top it off I am having steering issues where my steering wheel locks up when turning. I'm only 200 miles out of warranty and this truck is about to cost me everything!

Note to self, just because it's the most expensive truck on the market doesn't make it or the company any good,

70000 dollar turd

• 3 years later...
On 4/12/2016 at 11:03 PM, cNate said:

After reading through this thread, great info by the way, I have to say I am experiencing the same issue. The seats work great will the the key is in the ignition and on. When I have all the settings setup correctly, the seats feel as if they are not generating any heat. I have owned several GM vehicles, there are currently 5 GM vehicles in my immediate family and all of them have really hot seats while using RVS except the '14s (Denali, Silverado, Sierra). I read a few pages here but not all 15... was there any resolve or fix that anyone found?

Thanks!!

I've got a 2014 GMC Denali 60k miles heated seats don't work.  Took it to my gmc dealership. There replacing all the heating elements. My question to you guy's is y would all 4 elements go bad at the same time????????

I've got a 2014 GMC Denali 60k miles heated seats don't work.  Took it to my gmc dealership. There replacing all the heating elements. My question to you guy's is y would all 4 elements go bad at the same time????????

My issue never got resolved. Seats got hot when key was in the ignition, didn’t when using remote start. Had the truck for 5 years and 68k miles. Traded it in recently for a 2020 GMC Sierra AT4 HD Duramax and the seats get nice and hot with remote start, same with the steering wheel. This is how my 2009 was. Something wasn’t right with my 2014. Never had any other issues. Was a great truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Why did GM do this, and let's get a fix for it! All my previous GM cars, the heated seats get nice and toasty warm when I start the car with remote start. I live in Michigan, I'm 88 years old. I need my leather seats warm when I get in the car. There is absolutely no warmth to the seat!  So disappointed! Would not have bought the car had I known this. Not nice GM!

53 minutes ago, Alyce Oertel said:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Why did GM do this, and let's get a fix for it! All my previous GM cars, the heated seats get nice and toasty warm when I start the car with remote start. I live in Michigan, I'm 88 years old. I need my leather seats warm when I get in the car. There is absolutely no warmth to the seat!  So disappointed! Would not have bought the car had I known this. Not nice GM!

Talk to these guys and see if they can make it work like you want:

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2014-2019-k2xx-truck-suv-wams-spec-bcm-programming/