2014 GMC Sierra navigation system manual?

dkeven

Trying to use my installed navigation system, all seems fine but the voice can only be turned down to 21 on the voice settings tab. Anyone have any idea how to get below that, she appears to be mad at me at that level. Also searched and searched for a manual with any description of the nav system and usage, did I miss a manual at pick up or what? Any help appreciated.

I see where you can turn the prompts off and also where the volume adjustment is. I can make it louder but not quieter than 21 (I assume percent). With grandkids in the truck I like hearing the prompts, but with this quiet cab even at 80mph its pretty loud at 21. Figure there must be a minimum threshold setting somewhere, dealer item perhaps.

• Like 1

ok not a lot of interest in this topic, called customer assistance today, said to leave driver door open for 5 minutes with key removed to reset system, did so still only turns down to 21. asked if I got an infotainment manual and navigation manual no and no is there such a thing? Was supposed to get back with me as it is supposed to turn down to 0 anyone care to confirm they can turn voice prompts down to 0? awaiting a call back.

Hey there dkeven,

I'm sorry to hear your navigation is giving you trouble. I believe you mentioned you already did this but just in case you didn't, I referenced our Infotainment System Manual, and on page 50 it states, "Adjust the loudness of the audio feedback by pressing the − or + button. If a maneuver prompt is being played, and the main volume is adjusted, the prompt volume will update and be saved. As the volume of the voice guidance is being adjusted, a quick status bar displays, showing the volume setting." I'm sure your dealer would be glad to provide you with an Infotainment System Manual. If you don't receive a call back from infotainment or have any other questions feel free to PM us. Please also include your name, address, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership.

Jonathan A. (Assisting Jennifer)

GM Customer Care

yes that is what I have tried and while it will go louder+ once it get down to 21 thats it no quieter. cannot get it to lower beyond 21, will ask dealer about infotainment manual when I get there again but this does not fix the problem. now what

contacted infotainment "experts" gave the hold drivers door open for 5 min with key out than close and wait 5 min restart. If that doesnt fix it, either a. its not broke and only goes to 21 or B. its broke and you need to let the dealer look at it. so I guess they reallly dont know if A. it goes any lower than 21 or B. its broke. as none of my forum members have chimed in to tell me if they can turn prompt voice level down below 21 I am at a loss. so I guess B. when I get time I will waste it at the dealer seeing if they know if it gets quieter or just turn the prompts off and be happy with that. Seeing this is the first year for it in the truck I would guess a. they will not have a clue like the infotainment expert or B they will blow me off with that is the way it works. Infotainment expert did offer to get on line with dealer and relay complicated leave the door open for 5 minutes with key removed procedure and explain that a. its supposed to be that way or maybe b. its broke

you know the one question I have asked the forum and all the GM
infotainment/navigation experts has been, "Do the navigation voice
prompts turn down below 21?" So far three "expertly" trained reps at GM
infotainment dont know, Dealership service advisor doesn't know, and
aparently the forum isn't saying. Just saying if your an expert you
should have some expertise. While I applaud GM for having a separate
phone number and apparently group for infotainment issues, there are
other questions than, "why wont my iphone synch my music" types.