Tungsten Metallic paint fans

• 1 month later...

Here are the pictures of mine finally!

attachicon.gif20170709_185548.jpg

I like those wheels! Can you post a side view of the truck? I've been thinking about something gold, bronze, or copper for my "new" 2014 Silverado CC High Country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
On 7/26/2017 at 6:15 PM, Chevy68man said:

Here are the pictures of mine finally !

post-164768-0-22526000-1501107303_thumb.jpg

Sorry to bring up an old post but, how'd you paint the grill and headlight surrounds? I want to do the same to my 2016 Tungsten Silverado..

Sorry to bring up an old post but, how'd you paint the grill and headlight surrounds? I want to do the same to my 2016 Tungsten Silverado..
I painted them with spray cans from a company called automotive touchup. They are already color matched. I used their grey primer and a couple other items to sand and prep.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Chevy68man said:

I painted them with spray cans from a company called automotive touchup. They are already color matched. I used their grey primer and a couple other items to sand and prep.

Nice, thanks for the info... How's it holding up? I drive about 25k miles a year and I'm concerned that the paint might chip quite a bit...

Nice, thanks for the info... How's it holding up? I drive about 25k miles a year and I'm concerned that the paint might chip quite a bit...
I put 4 coats if paint and about 5 coats of clear. The paint does get chipped by rocks from the road, so that does suck. It's not as strong as factory, but my factory paint chips pretty easy too. Being it's on the front end, I'm not too upset about chips but will need some work later on.

Just now, Chevy68man said:

I put 4 coats if paint and about 5 coats of clear. The paint does get chipped by rocks from the road, so that does suck. It's not as strong as factory, but my factory paint chips pretty easy too. Being it's on the front end, I'm not too upset about chips but will need some work later on.

Yeah I have the sane issue with the paint on the front fenders and hood on my truck... I was thinking of putting clear bra on the front of the truck after I did the painting.... Good to know the amount of coats you put on... Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah I have the sane issue with the paint on the front fenders and hood on my truck... I was thinking of putting clear bra on the front of the truck after I did the painting.... Good to know the amount of coats you put on... Thanks for the feedback.
Your welcome. I hope it works for you. I think the clear bra would be a great idea. I may have to do that after I re paint .

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...