Bought 14' gmc sat, faint ringing/beeping noise w/throttle inputs.

So I traded in my 04 duramax the 14th of Dec to get something new and dependable. The new 14 sierra is like a bank vault, super quite inside. Now that I've been in it a couple days, I hear a faint but audible dinging noise when I move the gas pedal. Like a ping on every 10% of movement on or off. This does not happen when truck is off, or even with key turned to on, only running. Seems like feedback through speaker, but maybe not. It also happens some without touching the pedal.

Anybody else run into this? Truck is with me 48 hours, and I already have a service appointment. :(

I think what you are hearing is a faint squeak in the gas pedal itself. I have it in my '09 Impala. It does it occasionally when I press on the accelerator pedal slightly. It has not bothered me enough to do anything about it Maybe slight greasing would eliminate the noise. But be careful because there is a potentiometer there, since these are throttle by wire systems.

I think what you are hearing is a faint squeak in the gas pedal itself. I have it in my '09 Impala. It does it occasionally when I press on the accelerator pedal slightly. It has not bothered me enough to do anything about it Maybe slight greasing would eliminate the noise. But be careful because there is a potentiometer there, since these are throttle by wire systems.

That's not what it is. It's electronic, and it seems to be coming from the 4wd switch area. It only does it in 4wd, there are multiple threads on here about it.

Sry I didn't search and find it first! Damn forum noobs!

Yeah Damn you for questioning something on your 40k plus purchase!!! Seriously don't pay attention to the people who think an issue to you is trivial and does not need to be addressed. you spent good money on that truck you deserve perfection. Congrats on the Purchase!

I went out at lunch break and drove in 2wd mode. It is now a silent night, no more morse code when I hit the pedal. I guess the next question I have, has anyone had this succesfully fixed? I'm gonna cancel my service appointment, I don't need to have it in 4auto. Maybe wait a few months after others have had it fixed.

It seems far from ridiculous to me to have weird noises not be a part of a new vehicle purchase. I guess some have a higher tolerance than me.

Thanks Joe_K!

I went out at lunch break and drove in 2wd mode. It is now a silent night, no more morse code when I hit the pedal. I guess the next question I have, has anyone had this succesfully fixed? I'm gonna cancel my service appointment, I don't need to have it in 4auto. Maybe wait a few months after others have had it fixed.

It seems far from ridiculous to me to have weird noises not be a part of a new vehicle purchase. I guess some have a higher tolerance than me.

Thanks Joe_K!

I haven't had mine in yet. I'm gonna have them look at it when it's time for an oil change, but everybody with 4 wheel drive notices it, so I'm not sure what they could do.

I haven't had mine in yet. I'm gonna have them look at it when it's time for an oil change, but everybody with 4 wheel drive notices it, so I'm not sure what they could do.

Everybody? That's a bold statement. I for one have never noticed it in auto, or 4hi. I would say there are some who have noticed it!

Mike

Archived