About to order...a few questions first

Hey guys, I am about to order a new 6.2 with the max trailer package. I just have a few questions :

My dealer is saying that I don't have any other option but the 20" wheels?

How do I make sure that I get the "chrome like" door inserts instead of the wood looking inserts?

Hey guys, I am about to order a new 6.2 with the max trailer package. I just have a few questions :

How do I make sure that I get the "chrome like" door inserts instead of the wood looking inserts?

The trim inserts you are referring are model specific. If you get a Z71 Silverado they are silver/carbon fiber look, if you get a LTZ they are wood.

What brand (Chevy/GMC) and Model are you ordering (SLT,LTZ, etc)? Have you tried building the truck on sites like edmunds.com, chevrolet.com, kbb.com?

Chevy silverado. And I was told that in order to get the 6.2L that i had to go with the LTZ model, also I can't get the z71 package with the max trailering so then that means I will get stuck with the wood inserts and I really want the chrome ones. Hope the dealer can swap them out.

My dealer told me 12 weeks for the 6.2L order.

Chevy silverado. And I was told that in order to get the 6.2L that i had to go with the LTZ model, also I can't get the z71 package with the max trailering so then that means I will get stuck with the wood inserts and I really want the chrome ones. Hope the dealer can swap them out.

My dealer told me 12 weeks for the 6.2L order.

I have never seen chrome inserts? Are you talking about the silver ones?

Max Trailering Package, includes 9.76" rear axle, (GT4) 3.73 rear axle ratio, (JL1) trailer brake controller, enhanced cooling radiator, revised shock tuning for increased control, heavier duty rear springs and increased RGAWR

1 - Includes (G80) heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential on 2WD models (already standard on 4WD models) and Z82 Trailering Package. Requires (L83) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine. Not available with (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package. Includes (UHN) 18" X8.5" bright-machined aluminum wheels with (RBX/RBW) 18" tires or may upgrade to (RD3) 20" aluminum wheels with either (RC7) or (QSS) 20" tires.

2 - With (L83) 5.3L engine, requires (RBX/RBW) 18" tires or may upgrade to (NZM) 20" chrome wheels or (RD3) 20" ultra bright machined aluminum wheels with either (RC7) or (QSS) 20" tires. With (L86) 6.2L engine, requires (NZM) 20" chrome wheels or (RD3) 20" ultra bright machined aluminum wheels with (QSS) 20" tires. Not available with (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package.

What cab/box are you wanting? Trailering capacities for the 5.3 and 6.2 are very similar. The truck payload can be higher for the 5.3.

Max Trailering Package, includes 9.76" rear axle, (GT4) 3.73 rear axle ratio, (JL1) trailer brake controller, enhanced cooling radiator, revised shock tuning for increased control, heavier duty rear springs and increased RGAWR1 - Includes (G80) heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential on 2WD models (already standard on 4WD models) and Z82 Trailering Package. Requires (L83) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine. Not available with (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package. Includes (UHN) 18" X8.5" bright-machined aluminum wheels with (RBX/RBW) 18" tires or may upgrade to (RD3) 20" aluminum wheels with either (RC7) or (QSS) 20" tires.2 - With (L83) 5.3L engine, requires (RBX/RBW) 18" tires or may upgrade to (NZM) 20" chrome wheels or (RD3) 20" ultra bright machined aluminum wheels with either (RC7) or (QSS) 20" tires. With (L86) 6.2L engine, requires (NZM) 20" chrome wheels or (RD3) 20" ultra bright machined aluminum wheels with (QSS) 20" tires. Not available with (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package.

What cab/box are you wanting? Trailering capacities for the 5.3 and 6.2 are very similar. The truck payload can be higher for the 5.3.

I want the 6'6 box. I see that the capacities are similar but the hp and torque are not. For pulling an 8000lb camper the extra hp would be nice.

on chevys the wood inserts only come on certain packages which I think is the texas edition package (not sure on the package name for the rest of the country/Canada) the rest of the chevys come with the silver / carbon fiber type inserts.

on gmc's it's almost opposite. all gmc's have the wood unless you get the all terrain package. but fyi atleast when I ordered mine back in late sept. the all terrain package did not allow you to get cooled seats. so I had no choice but to get the wood. my thought process was it is easier to switch the wood to something else then to add cooled seats. that's just my .02

Archived