Ok,ok, I test drove one....

...at the international auto show today. Went specifically to look at the new Impala, lost interest as soon as I sat in it. WTH, won't hurt to look at the new Silverado while I'm here. Got to admit it was nice, very comfy seats with lots of leg/knee room, much better ergos thanks to the telescoping wheel. That feature alone is a big plus because I'm tall and constantly banging my knees on the dash and steering column, now I could stretch out a little more and not have to reach for the wheel.So, they were even offering test drives too. Drove a 4wd, a little quieter than my 2012 but not bells and whistles, rode about the same, 5.3 snappy as h**l. The only turnoff was the enormous sticker price, I paid less for my house in 1976.

Wanna trade your house for my Silverado? It cost more than your house. Probably not. I bought my house in '76 too, and paid more for my Silverado than the house, but it's appreciated as have wages and everything else. My truck was on the showroom floor and the 2 Camaros near it were more than my loaded LTZ. Yeah it was expensive but what a cool truck! So comfortable, great ride, and it'll pull 9600lbs. It was worth it to me.

Wanna trade your house for my Silverado? It cost more than your house. Probably not. I bought my house in '76 too, and paid more for my Silverado than the house, but it's appreciated as have wages and everything else. My truck was on the showroom floor and the 2 Camaros near it were more than my loaded LTZ. Yeah it was expensive but what a cool truck! So comfortable, great ride, and it'll pull 9600lbs. It was worth it to me.

I'm glad you like your truck and feel it was worth the cost, I personally don't consider an outrageous sticker price a good value....everyone's different..... enjoy your truck Northside.

Took a test drive a few weeks ago in a Silverado, dealership was giving out $25 giftcards, so I took advantage. Me and my little girl had a blast! Gotta say, they are a nice riding truck, real quite too!

...at the international auto show today. Went specifically to look at the new Impala, lost interest as soon as I sat in it. WTH, won't hurt to look at the new Silverado while I'm here. Got to admit it was nice, very comfy seats with lots of leg/knee room, much better ergos thanks to the telescoping wheel. That feature alone is a big plus because I'm tall and constantly banging my knees on the dash and steering column, now I could stretch out a little more and not have to reach for the wheel.So, they were even offering test drives too. Drove a 4wd, a little quieter than my 2012 but not bells and whistles, rode about the same, 5.3 snappy as h**l. The only turnoff was the enormous sticker price, I paid less for my house in 1976.

Forget the impala and take a look at the "real" impala when it hits the lots, Chevy SS aka Holden commodore, I had one, "poor mans M5" comes to mind x1000....

Forget the impala and take a look at the "real" impala when it hits the lots, Chevy SS aka Holden commodore, I had one, "poor mans M5" comes to mind x1000....

Would love to have one of those, but not for the insane price GM wants.

For what you get it is not that crazy a price. You will pay $40k OTD most likely, but for a car w/ the interior room nearly the size of a 7 series, the power of a vette, the luxury of a caddy, and the rarity of nothing else....so I don't think its pricey at all taking that into consideration.

For what you get it is not that crazy a price. You will pay $40k OTD most likely, but for a car w/ the interior room nearly the size of a 7 series, the power of a vette, the luxury of a caddy, and the rarity of nothing else....so I don't think its pricey at all taking that into consideration.

You make a good point. I guess I just look at it like it's just a car, and there's not to much you can do with it unlike a truck. I just wish it would have been made an affordable car without all the extra garbage on it that I would never use. I don't know why every cool car has to be priced so high only a 65 year old retired person can afford it.

...I don't know why every cool car has to be priced so high only a 65 year old retired person can afford it.

????????????? I'm retired. Worked over 40 years. Had fun saving American politicos while doing a tour in Viet Nam. Saved like rip. Paid cash for my truck. Satisfaction of working 40 years and saving? Priceless.

Quitcher gripin'....!

...I don't know why every cool car has to be priced so high only a 65 year old retired person can afford it.

????????????? I'm retired. Worked over 40 years. Had fun saving American politicos while doing a tour in Viet Nam. Saved like rip. Paid cash for my truck. Satisfaction of working 40 years and saving? Priceless.

Quitcher gripin'....!

Nothing wrong with that at all. My point is some of us just want a sharp looking car with a V8. We dont need all the useless crap like lane departure warning, and need it to compete with an M5. Those are all factors that contribute to it costing twice the amount it should. Same thing with the trucks. Alot of guys on here would like a regular cab with the 6.2, but that option is locked out by GM. Can't even get the 6.2 now unless you buy the high end trim.

There's no question that these trucks cost a lot. I am a single guy so my situation is different than most. In the old days I had a nice car for road trips, vacations, and date nights.. I needed a pickup truck for hauling stuff and drove it to and from work. Then as 4WD became more prevalent I bought a 4WD pickup and it sure was handy for snowy days and fishing and camping. The 4WD truck cost a good bit more but was worth it to me. Now I have a 2014 Silverado LTZ 4WD and I no longer need a car at all. This thing is as comfortable as a really nice sedan for long trips, handles snow with ease and is great for towing, hauling, and fishing and camping. I have everything I need in one package. I no longer need or want a car.

Archived