What have you done to your K2 today?

Essentially it protects against scratches better than wax and can last up to a couple years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Its more then that, matters how many coats you get done, if you do only 3 it will last a year. If you do 10 coats like I did it will last a lifetime and protect against an cure sun fading, bird crap, acid rain....etc. It will not stop scratching or rock chips.....

Essentially it protects against scratches better than wax and can last up to a couple years.

Its more then that, matters how many coats you get done, if you do only 3 it will last a year. If you do 10 coats like I did it will last a lifetime and protect against an cure sun fading, bird crap, acid rain....etc. It will not stop scratching or rock chips.....

Yeah the stuff is pretty cool. And it actually protects against scratches better than wax. I've heard a lot of people reapply every 6mo-1yr to keep a nice build up going. I was thinking about putting it on my TDI passat I just bought. But since I'm selling it back its not worth it.

As a detailer there's no point in having a product last more than a year or so. When you go to polish your paint after that period of time the coating will be gone and you just wasted product. A couple coats for complete coverage is sufficient. Even bird crap will still etch the coating and go through it if left long enough. In my opinion it's good practice to do a maintenance detail once a year such as clay, polish as needed, and reapply a foundation coat of protection, and you're favorite sealant every six months, and you're favorite wax every couple months, and a quality spray wax or spray sealant when drying after a good wash. [emoji1303] sorry if that was a bit much lol just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As a detailer there's no point in having a product last more than a year or so. When you go to polish your paint after that period of time the coating will be gone and you just wasted product. A couple coats for complete coverage is sufficient. Even bird crap will still etch the coating and go through it if left long enough. In my opinion it's good practice to do a maintenance detail once a year such as clay, polish as needed, and reapply a foundation coat of protection, and you're favorite sealant every six months, and you're favorite wax every couple months, and a quality spray wax or spray sealant when drying after a good wash. [emoji1303] sorry if that was a bit much lol just my 2 cents

You must not be that successful then.........3 coats will be gone in no time. I already said in my original post on the forum that you need a touch up detail. Good luck

Test fit the rksport.com hood but not overly excite about the fit at the rear.

2bc37dfea06276eac998d5f2d4dd1690.jpg3571b871442e979adc60d837aa3e1064.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

looking good. BUT if it don't fit, you can GIVE it to me ???? (I keep dreaming ).

• Like 2

Test fit the rksport.com hood but not overly excite about the fit at the rear.

2bc37dfea06276eac998d5f2d4dd1690.jpg3571b871442e979adc60d837aa3e1064.jpg

You didn't attach the hood properly if the rear of the hood is sitting high. When installing mine my fiance held the hood while I put in all four bolts. Then I tighten them until they were all snug, but not completely tightened. Next, I had her apply direct upward pressure on the front. This caused the rear bolts to loosen so I tightened them fully. And finally tightened the front two bolts fully. After that it sat pretty darn good once I adjusted the front bump stops. My driver side had a larger gap between the hood and the fender. Body shop should have fixed that. I'll know when I pick it up tonight.

• Like 1

You didn't attach the hood properly if the rear of the hood is sitting high. When installing mine my fiance held the hood while I put in all four bolts. Then I tighten them until they were all snug, but not completely tightened. Next, I had her apply direct upward pressure on the front. This caused the rear bolts to loosen so I tightened them fully. And finally tightened the front two bolts fully. After that it sat pretty darn good once I adjusted the front bump stops. My driver side had a larger gap between the hood and the fender. Body shop should have fixed that. I'll know when I pick it up tonight.

Yeah we didn't overly mess with it. I am going to assume I will be in the same boat. I get the hood back from paint tomorrow

Yeah we didn't overly mess with it. I am going to assume I will be in the same boat. I get the hood back from paint tomorrow

hopefully it turns out awesome. I think that hood looks sick man.

Oh ok, well post some pictures! How ugly is your hood latch opening? Mine looks horrible.