anyone get a tune on a 5.3?

quickvert1

Got my first 5.3(l59) and I love it to death. I don't have any real performance shops in town so I was curious what would be the best route for getting a tune. I don't want to break the bank but I want quicker gear changes (without stress to tranny) and maybe +20flb torque. I'm totally new to custom tunes and just want something easy to understand (plug and play) thanks in advance!

The L59 has the upgraded fuel injectors :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Do any of these tunes do anything for mpg?

It can, but not by much. It isnt a diesel. Biggest help is combined with a tune, properly inflated tires, driving sensibly, and not speeding

It can, but not by much. It isnt a diesel. Biggest help is combined with a tune, properly inflated tires, driving sensibly, and not speeding

I agree I had a diablo sport hand held on my 09 5.3 and it did absolutely nothing for mpg even though the company says it does

Im not too impressed with the power..I have 5.3 w 3.42s..thinking about getting it tuned for more power and throttle response..

Any results from anyone whos done it?

40 hp sounds good)

In the same boat myself. I plan on a tune, CAI, and exhaust. Should bring it more to the 380hp range. There is such a delay to the throttle response :(

Edited by 5RWill

• 4 years later...