what was your first car/truck

95z71performer

What was your first car and what did you do to it

Mine was a 2001 grand (h)am (I drove it hard as a mother f***er) I de badged it and put on clear headlights then buried it turning around in my sisters field down the road and bent the rear suspension on my road because it's used by log trucks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. 231 V-6, gutless as can be. Added a cassette deck and some speakers, some Cragar SS's and Road Hugger White Letter tires

First truck was a 1988 S-15 came equipped with a key and a heater. I added a radio and speakers, dropped it 3" in the front 4" in the rear, and added "dual" exhaust (2.5 4 Cyl) I had a few sets of wheels on it the ones that stayed the longest was a set of 17" IROC wheels. I changed the vinyl seat to buckets from a Cavalier and mounted a center console from something else, tinted the windows, and beat the snot out of it.

73 c10 custom deluxe. I did whatever I could afford to keep it running reasonably well. I'd say I beat it to hell but it was pretty much beaten to hell by the time I started driving it (20 years as a tow truck). As far as visual stuff I had it painted, found better looking/newer/less rusted front end bezel pieces in Texas junk yards one year. Also put it's 3rd or 4th set of doors on it. Painted the grill white and the bow tie blue. New chrome bumper. Painted the interior and put a new plastic cab mat thing down. Still have it too sitting there waiting for me to get a good influx of cash to have it fixed up yet again.

In high school drove my mothers 64 Rambler American station wagon with a flat head 6 cyl. It was slow as heck but with the front seats laid back and the back seat laid forward you had a 6x14 bed!!! Not that was a party machine!! Then I got my 67 Chevelle 396 and a 4 speed. :jester:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1988 F-150. RCLB, 302, 4x4.

It was a base model with manual everything and a blue vinyl interior to match the outside. It came with an AM-only radio so I went to a junkyard and found an OE tape deck that I installed so I could use the tape adaptor from the Discman I had velcro'd to the dash. :lol: Previous owner put on a Warn (I think) winch bumper and Ramsey winch.

F150.jpg

1995 Silverado. I wheels, tires, exhaust, grille, step bars, bed cover, gauges, stereo, head lights, tail lights, window tint, and probably more. I beat the ever living hell out of that truck and she never let me down. Probably the best truck I have ever owned but it was also the slowest haha, that pre vortec motor could pull a house down but it couldn't get out of it's way. Man I miss that thing...

post-71733-0-48578900-1390406500_thumb.jpg

Archived