Body plugs in truck bed?

There's 6 "plugs", 3 per side in the bed of my new Silverado. What are they for? I've always had plastic liners in my trucks but this one I'm going with Linex...I'm tempted to have them mask them off before spraying but....I cant think of a time when I'd pull the plugs and use them for something, and I never have before. Just wondering what they're their for?

Yes, as stated above, either the GM cargo management system, or the nifty 2014-15 accessory upper bed hooks go in the slots. These are in the same spots as the GMT900's, and therefore the hooks are a direct fit, as seen on my '13 Sierra.

1010545_742451065767983_141971304_n.jpg

I expected Linex to mask them off but they sprayed right over them. I assume if I ever need them I can just take an exacto knife and cut them free, or just bring it back and let them deal with it.

OK, thank you...I think I definately want to add hooks in those holes. Question, should I just oull the caps before having them spray Linex? To the person above who did that...did the caps fit back in there after you got the bed sprayed? I'm not sure how thick Linex is yet. I'm leary of asking the place to mask them off,....will they actually do it?...and will they use a razor after to clean up and scratch something? I may put them nd worry about it afterwards. If I could find fixed hooks maybe it would be smart ot pout them in ahead of times and have them spreayed over.

I pulled mine out, then re installed them after. With the thickness of the line-x, I had to snip about a 1/16th of an inch off the backside clips (about a 1 minute job for all 6). But this way I can move my hooks around still, and have the holes covered as original. post-128264-0-29713800-1394219738_thumb.jpg

post-128264-0-29713800-1394219738_thumb.jpg

I removed my plugs along with all the stake pocket plugs in the top cap the week I bought my truck and ended up doing the Line-x a while later. Those plastic plugs serve no purpose in my mind and I see no reason I'd ever want them back in place. I'd rather have the holes open for the tie-downs anyway. So my opinion is to definitely remove them beforehand so everything is coated, but doesn't really matter much either way.

Archived