Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

they look great on your truck. do they actually measure a true 33 though??

Thanks I'll have to measure, is that tread to tread top to bottom? I'd doubt it, sitting it flattens a lil. I need to check my speedo too against gps.

I have ridge grapplers in 285/70/17. Some days they look awesome to me, some they look small. But some days my truck looks massive, sometimes I think it's no bigger than a Tacoma. Depends where it's parked.

I had originally ordered the 295/70/17 but it was way too close to the cab mount on my 0 offset wheel. The 285s rubbed my fender liners pre ziptie, but they are fine now and I've thrashed it off-road with no problems. And my speedometer is dead on

04958ebc62520556e64232c50548609c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your truck looks great, like the steps too might have sold me on doing some. Thinking nfab or Lund Latitude though.

• Like 1

I had a 2inch front level and now bilstein 1.85 and have 285/70/17. Don't think the look too small. My pics are a few pages back post 4018, not apples to apples but should be close comparison.

0Ds895O.jpg

Are those k02's? Truck looks great [emoji1360]

Edited by corncob

[...]some days my truck looks massive, sometimes I think it's no bigger than a Tacoma. Depends where it's parked.

Ain't that the truth ha! It's all relative.

• Like 1

Looking for some help, thinking about going down to 17s for a better ride offroad and on, was thinking about 295/70/17s or 285/75/17s or 285/70/70s from 34/12s. do the guys with 285/70/17s think they looks small on a 2.5 leveled truck? they barely measure 33in according to spec but anyone have real world measurements. my trail grapplers were smaller than than what they spec by about half an inch. would like to get a lighter tire like toyo RT or Ridge grappler Terra grappler Falken AT

Get the 315/70r17 duratracs I was going to buy! Lol. It's all about perspective. My 33x12.50s look small to me until I pull up next to a stock truck with 255s. I'm still considering getting 35s though...

df1ffe05b12240efc3b7a19d3dfb177d.jpg

• Like 2

I have ridge grapplers in 285/70/17. Some days they look awesome to me, some they look small. But some days my truck looks massive, sometimes I think it's no bigger than a Tacoma. Depends where it's parked.

I had originally ordered the 295/70/17 but it was way too close to the cab mount on my 0 offset wheel. The 285s rubbed my fender liners pre ziptie, but they are fine now and I've thrashed it off-road with no problems. And my speedometer is dead on

Loving your set up as well, looks great! have you actually measured what the ridge grapplers are? i have found nittos to run smaller

Thanks I'll have to measure, is that tread to tread top to bottom? I'd doubt it, sitting it flattens a lil. I need to check my speedo too against gps.

yea im curioius what the actually measure

truck looks good with those on i think if you had a little bit of offsett with wheels they would look bigger. IM trying to walk the fine line between 35s and 33s, (if thats possible). Looking to get a lighter tire than these trail grapplers on a 17 wheel. 295/70/18 TG wheigh 72 Lbs plus a 40 lbs wheel. kind of heavy for 342 gears when towing something heavy. Looks to me like a 285/75/17 (33.8/11/5) will be perfect, Thinking actual measurments will be a 33 by 11 and thats perfect for me. Most of those tires range 60-65 lbs with a 25 lbs wheel

Get the 315/70r17 duratracs I was going to buy! Lol. It's all about perspective. My 33x12.50s look small to me until I pull up next to a stock truck with 255s. I'm still considering getting 35s though...

df1ffe05b12240efc3b7a19d3dfb177d.jpg

Loving your set up as well, looks great! have you actually measured what the ridge grapplers are? i have found nittos to run smaller

yea im curioius what the actually measure

I try to avoid measuring, sometimes it's just better to believe it's bigger than it really is

• Like 2

truck looks good with those on i think if you had a little bit of offsett with wheels they would look bigger. IM trying to walk the fine line between 35s and 33s, (if thats possible). Looking to get a lighter tire than these trail grapplers on a 17 wheel. 295/70/18 TG wheigh 72 Lbs plus a 40 lbs wheel. kind of heavy for 342 gears when towing something heavy. Looks to me like a 285/75/17 (33.8/11/5) will be perfect, Thinking actual measurments will be a 33 by 11 and thats perfect for me. Most of those tires range 60-65 lbs with a 25 lbs wheel

I'm going to get 17x8.5 -6 wheels eventually. Yeah mine are around 62 lbs. I really wish they made a 34x12.50 which would measure closer to a true 33x12, that's the world I want to live in.

I'm going to get 17x8.5 -6 wheels eventually. Yeah mine are around 62 lbs. I really wish they made a 34x12.50 which would measure closer to a true 33x12, that's the world I want to live in.

that would be perfect

How do you like your ridge grapplers. I'm getting new rims and tires leveled at 3 inches. Thinking of doing a fuel coupler 20x9 +1 with 295/55/20 ridge grapplers that measure to 32.8 by 12.2. That's what the description says then I see ppl say that tire actually is 11.5 wide. I'm OK w that but really curious on how you like the ridges drive, handle and such. These will be going on a truck w 3.42 gears.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

How do you like your ridge grapplers. I'm getting new rims and tires leveled at 3 inches. Thinking of doing a fuel coupler 20x9 +1 with 295/55/20 ridge grapplers that measure to 32.8 by 12.2. That's what the description says then I see ppl say that tire actually is 11.5 wide. I'm OK w that but really curious on how you like the ridges drive, handle and such. These will be going on a truck w 3.42 gears.

I like them. I've never owned or even driven a true mud tire so all I have to compare them with are KO2s. Dry wet and off-road traction are great, haven't had them in the snow yet. I might try toyo RTs next time just to have a comparison, but I'd buy the grapplers again for sure

• Like 1

I like them. I've never owned or even driven a true mud tire so all I have to compare them with are KO2s on my fathers and buddies fords. I also went from 22s with duelers to 17 with grapplers so I can't tell you about differences on my own truck. Dry wet and off-road traction are great, haven't had them in the snow yet. I might try toyo RTs next time just to have a comparison, but I'd buy the grapplers again for sure

Edited by Bushleaguechew

Look at the 35x11.50 nittos g2!