In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
typhoon186

6.2 ported throttle body

Anyone put a ported tb on a 2014 6.2 truck? Anyone know if the tb is the same as the 2014 LT1 vette? I think it is.

I have one on my camaro. Only change is the initial throttle response

What kind you looking at?

Here's what I have

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362039

Ryan

Edited by RyanbabZ71

i put the LS7 TB on my truck. increased throttle response

Anyone put a ported tb on a 2014 6.2 truck? Anyone know if the tb is the same as the 2014 LT1 vette? I think it is.

If history follows the Vette throttle body will be approx 3 mm larger than the truck. It has been that way since the dawn of the LS engines. Gen 3 had the trucks at 75 mm and cars at 78 mm. Gen 4 put the trucks at 87 mm and cars at 90 mm. I suspect it would still be 87 mm and 90 mm

It appears both use the same single blade 87mm throttle body, the 2014 Corvette LT1 and the 2014 GM truck L86.

Can anyone verify GM part numbers to see if they are the same.....

Also 3mm will not make a difference unless you have a big turno or Procharger and putting down like 800 HP. 87 mm is more than sufficient

Just looked up the part numbers and they are the same for 2014 C7 and 6.2L Sierra/Silverado. Gm part number #12620263.....they are cheap too.

Not pushing enough air on a stock vehicle to need to up sizing. If you do up your size, might as well push to over 100.

I should have my VMAX ported TB by Monday from FSP and will do a complete write up and maybe dyno comparison. Stay tuned......

• Like 1

Just looked up the part numbers and they are the same for 2014 C7 and 6.2L Sierra/Silverado. Gm part number #12620263.....they are cheap too.

Damn, they are cheap!

I got my ported C7 TB and installed it in less than 5 minutes. The VMAX C7 TB is really nice and the porting job is top notch. I felt initial throttle response improved dramatically and you feel some more power seat of the pants. I will be doing a comparison dyno most likely next week to see actual gains. Stay tuned.....

I wonder what complications would arise from using a 6.2 tb on a 5.3. Wonder if I take manifolds are the same or different part numbers??

read the whole thread at the camaro forum. any chance just removing the screws and bar and replacing with bolts and washers like the fellow bo white does would help without having to do a port? figured 3 bucks is better than 100 for a port.