Foglights On With High Beams

What I want is the DRLs, parking and Fogs to work all together like the DRLs. Meaning, with switch set to auto, those three work in tandem as DRLs. Whether dark or bright, regular lows still turn on/off automatically.

Yes, I know I can just turn the parking lights and the fogs on using the switch, but I'm lazy and just want it to work that way all the time.

For me, it goes back to riding motorcycles and being conspicuous. Just about every car these days has DRLs, so in addition to adding some LED driving lights behind the grill, I want these to all act as DRLs. Hopefully to stand out just a bit more than the masses.

I thought all GM trucks, including your Silverado, had DRLs. But if you want more lights for DRLs or if you just want to profile with your fog lights on and not have to turn them on, the 10-22 jump will do the job. That jump is discussed around the post #57 of this thread.

After months of reading that people are having trouble getting access and working in the cramped area, I'm going to give a tip I should have given months ago....

Unclip the BCM from the retainers up under the dash and unplug the connector if needed to get it where you can work. That's what I did. Sorry if you guys struggled.

Edited by spurshot

I thought all GM trucks, including your Silverado, had DRLs. But if you want more lights for DRLs or if you just want to profile with your fog lights on and not have to turn them on, the 10-22 jump will do the job. That jump is discussed around the post #57 of this thread.

After months of reading that people are having trouble getting access and working in the cramped area, I'm going to give a tip I should have given months ago....

Unclip the BCM from the retainers up under the dash and unplug the connector if needed to get it where you can work. That's what I did. Sorry if you guys struggled.

I wondered if I could unclip it, but at the end just used small needle nose pliers.

if you want more lights for DRLs or if you just want to profile with your fog lights on and not have to turn them on, the 10-22 jump will do the job.

10-22 turns on the fogs automatically when the parking lights (or headlights) are turned on. I get that. What I want is for the parking lights + fogs to come on automatically with the DRLs. Pretty sure just 10-22 won't do that for me. Can you post pics of the other lights related plugs going into the BCM? Maybe I can figure it out.

You will always have the headlights on as drls. This is handled by the trucks computer and only a reprogram can change that. You can, however, add additional lights to come on as well but will always have the headlights.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

10-22 turns on the fogs automatically when the parking lights (or headlights) are turned on. I get that. What I want is for the parking lights + fogs to come on automatically with the DRLs. Pretty sure just 10-22 won't do that for me. Can you post pics of the other lights related plugs going into the BCM? Maybe I can figure it out.

Sorry, man. Go to the GM Upfitter site and dig around. It's a tedious job.

Thanks Spurshot! Finally got this mod to work for me! Although at first I located and installed the diode into the wrong Brown/White wire which turned out to be the horn relay! My buddy who was infront of the truck checking out the engine bay freaked when I tried it and the horn sounded lol.

Thanks Spurshot! Finally got this mod to work for me! Although at first I located and installed the diode into the wrong Brown/White wire which turned out to be the horn relay! My buddy who was infront of the truck checking out the engine bay freaked when I tried it and the horn sounded lol.

Now thats pretty damn funny !! Glad you got it working properly

• Like 1

Nope. I got the horn when I hit the high beams haha. But I have it all corrected now so the fog lights come on with the highs

If you put a musical horn on it, you could open a disco...or a food truck. :D

Edited by spurshot

Just a heads up i replaced my fog bulbs with LEDs, the static in the radio when lights were on is crazy. i had my truck in the dealer for the radio issue and they removed my LEDs and put in factory bulbs. static went away (but the reception issue is still there) . Dealer said the problem was solved. Sent an email service manager 2 days later telling him the reception issue is still present.

I've got VLED's in for my fog lights now and they don't cause any static in my radio on any of the channels(XM/AM/FM).

Just did the 10-18 mod to my 2015 Silverado 2500. My only issue I am having is that I cant turn my high beams on when I have the headlight switch to "AUTO." I have to turn automatic light control off in order to use my high beams. Is that normal or did I do something wrong?

Just did the 10-18 mod to my 2015 Silverado 2500. My only issue I am having is that I cant turn my high beams on when I have the headlight switch to "AUTO." I have to turn automatic light control off in order to use my high beams. Is that normal or did I do something wrong?

No Did you orient the diode in the correct direction?

Edited by spurshot