Foglights On With High Beams

I have a SLE, so no LED accent lights. My fogs come on any time I turn them on, day or night. Of course the headlights are on any tome it is running and in gear. Fogs can be turned on when in park.

Edited by Ventilator

I have a SLE, so no LED accent lights. My fogs come on any time I turn them on, day or night. Of course the headlights are on any tome it is running and in gear. Fogs can be turned on when in park.

If you look though they also turn off as soon as you flip your high beams on.

Keeping them on with the highs was the original point of this thread.

• Like 1

Question for someone with a GMC that hasn't done this mod yet:

Can you turn on your fog lights in the daytime without turning on your headlights?

My foglights will work in the daytime but not turn on the headlights. I have the 10-18 mod.

Coaster, I was replying to this. Thought I quoted it but I guess not.

I purchased 2 harnesses, and a fuse tap. and ran the fogs direct bypassing the factory system. Works perfect and the factory harness/wiring is left stock and unused. You can get the mini fuse tap if you want fogs to come on anytime the lights are on or a micro mini fuse tap if you want them to come on every time the ignition is on. I also upgraded to the projector LED bulbs and are awesome. Much better than the SMD LED bulbs. The bulbs I have project on the reflector and not like a bunch of SMD's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121198281908?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221522570678?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I purchased 2 harnesses, and a fuse tap. and ran the fogs direct bypassing the factory system. Works perfect and the factory harness/wiring is left stock and unused. You can get the mini fuse tap if you want fogs to come on anytime the lights are on or a micro mini fuse tap if you want them to come on every time the ignition is on. I also upgraded to the projector LED bulbs and are awesome. Much better than the SMD LED bulbs. The bulbs I have project on the reflector and not like a bunch of SMD's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121198281908?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221522570678?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Why would you go thru all that to get the same function with more wiring, switches and labor? :noway:

Seems like the long way around the block. The whole point of this mod was that it gave control of the fogs for high beams, was simple, cost 50 cents, took only a few minutes to do, and didn't involve wiring and switches.

Edited by spurshot
  • Like 1

Why would you go thru all that to get the same function with more wiring, switches and labor? :noway:

Seems like the long way around the block. The whole point of this mod was that it gave control of the fogs for high beams, was simple, cost 50 cents, took only a few minutes to do, and didn't involve wiring and switches.

Because I wanted my fogs on all the time and not just have them on when I go to high beams. I want to use my fogs as DRL's also with the LED bulbs. When I turn on the ignition the fogs come on. I think it's stupid that every time you kill the truck and get back in it you have to turn the fogs again. If you turn the fogs on they should stay on until you turn them off. It's like having to turn the radio on again every time you get in the truck. The radio stays on until you turn it off. Now when I turn on the ignition, they come on whether the headlights are on bright or not. I have no switches. Why'd I go through all the trouble? The project wasn't any trouble. It's a hobby for me and I enjoy doing things like this. I also restore motorcycles. I could buy them already restored but enjoy doing it. On the mod I did, I soldered all my splices, used heat shrink and put wires in loom. It's nice and neat. If for some reason I need to go back stock, all I have to do is unplug my harness and plug the factory harness back. The factory harness wasn't cut or altered in any way.

Edited by mafd2
  • Like 2

Because I wanted my fogs on all the time and not just have them on when I go to high beams. I want to use my fogs as DRL's also with the LED bulbs. When I turn on the ignition the fogs come on. I think it's stupid that every time you kill the truck and get back in it you have to turn the fogs again. If you turn the fogs on they should stay on until you turn them off. It's like having to turn the radio on again every time you get in the truck. The radio stays on until you turn it off. Now when I turn on the ignition, they come on whether the headlights are on bright or not. I have no switches. Why'd I go through all the trouble? The project wasn't any trouble. It's a hobby for me and I enjoy doing things like this. I also restore motorcycles. I could buy them already restored but enjoy doing it. On the mod I did, I soldered all my splices, used heat shrink and put wires in loom. It's nice and neat. If for some reason I need to go back stock, all I have to do is unplug my harness and plug the factory harness back. The factory harness wasn't cut or altered in any way.

Going 10-22 keeps the fogs on all the time. You can run them with just the parking lights, the lows and the highs. Do you also take the long way to work??

• Like 1

Going 10-22 keeps the fogs on all the time. You can run them with just the parking lights, the lows and the highs. Do you also take the long way to work?

It's not a point of just having the fogs on when on bright, dim or parks. I wanted them on all the time and I also wanted them come on when I turn on the ignition and not have to turn them on every time I get in the truck. I'm using them as DRL's with LED bulbs. Would you like to have to turn your radio and a/c on every time you got in your truck? My point is those stay on until you turn them off yourself and that's my complaint with the fogs. With the fogs, every time you turn the ignition off and get back in the truck you have to turn them on again. They should stay on until you decide to turn them off. Just my opinion.

• Like 1