Foglights On With High Beams

I have a question regarding a modification I would like to do on my truck that goes along with this mod. I've been wanting for my cargo lights/ bed LEDs to turn on when you use the fob to unlock the doors. Has anybody tried this or perhaps know how to accomplish this?

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/164156-Cargo-Lights-on-with-Reverse-Lights

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just did mine. Literally took a couple minutes. Ran mine from the 22 to 10 and love it. Wish it came from the factory with this opition.

In that spirit I have 3 to send out as clatla sent me extras. If you hurry I can get them out today as the mail guy didn't come yet. PM me your address please.

Just bought a 5pk of IN4004 off eBay. When they come in I'll only need one. With that said I'll have 4 I'll pay forward.

If anyone wants one of the 4 remaining send me a PM with your shipping info and I'll get one out to you.

Edited by 1057

Maybe I missed it while looking through the comments, but would it also work with a short jumper wire or is a diode safer?

You need the diode to prevent current from flowing back and turning on the high beams when you activate the fogs.

• Like 1

You need the diode to prevent current from flowing back and turning on the high beams when you activate the fogs.

:thumbs: The diode is acting like a one way valve for current.

Steve, just find a Radio Shack or any electronics store and get a diode. There are many diodes that will work, as have been verified by the guys that used them on this thread. They cost literally pennies.

Edited by spurshot

Thanks, makes sense.

:thumbs: The diode is acting like a one way valve for current.

Steve, just find a Radio Shack or any electronics store and get a diode. There are many diodes that will work, as have been verified by the guys that used them on this thread. They cost literally pennies.

Only reason I asked was because I have a short piece of wire from when I programmed a new key fob for my old 98. Plus I was just curious. Wasn't wanting to save money since diodes are very cheap.

Just to confirm, the high beams will flash on then off when you active the fogs while in low beam?

I hadn't noticed that...maybe. My setup is the 10-18 jump. Fogs are controlled on-off in the normal way by the button on the headlight control, when either with the low beams on or in daylight with only the DRLs on. If the high beams on commanded, the fogs will turn on, if they were off, then return to off when commanding low beam. If the fogs were on when the high beams were commanded, they will remain on for the high beams and stay on when going back to low beams.

I use this configuration because I can tie in a relay to the fogs to run a set of wide driving lights and not have to run a switch to fuss with when I need to shut them down for oncoming traffic. I don't have to run wires thru the firewall either. Very convenient setup.

I hadn't noticed that...maybe. My setup is the 10-18 jump. Fogs are controlled on-off in the normal way by the button on the headlight control, when either with the low beams on or in daylight with only the DRLs on. If the high beams on commanded, the fogs will turn on, if they were off, then return to off when commanding low beam. If the fogs were on when the high beams were commanded, they will remain on for the high beams and stay on when going back to low beams.

I use this configuration because I can tie in a relay to the fogs to run a set of wide driving lights and not have to run a switch to fuss with when I need to shut them down for oncoming traffic. I don't have to run wires thru the firewall either. Very convenient setup.

Perfect, thank you for the quickly reply. I'm gonna order some diodes right meow

Question for someone with a GMC that hasn't done this mod yet:

Can you turn on your fog lights in the daytime without turning on your headlights?

My foglights will work in the daytime but not turn on the headlights. I have the 10-18 mod.