2015 YUKON NOISE IN CABIN

Just for grins went today and drove another March built Escalade. They still are NO BETTER! As soon as we started down the road, the same pressure and Booming sounds. What I found interesting was even though the suspension is way too firm for my tastes, this one seemed softer then ours, which has the newest shocks as I've seen told.

I was asking the sales guy what he knows about all this. Guy says " He's never heard of the problem " I think it's time for Dateline 20/20 to go drive a few, ask the sales guy what he knows of all these endless problems. When he lies and says he's never heard of all these problems. Have them break out the GM TSB's.

It's time to go National with this !!!

• Like 1

One has to wonder at what point dealerships who state that "they have never heard of this problem" become legally liable or criminally culpable at some level. Begins to sound a lot like fraudulent actions, to me. I realize that the sales guys try to stay as far away from the service department as they can, but still, would be interesting to get some investigative news show to go undercover with several potential buyers and test drive these things with the same salesmen to see what they say when its pointed out. Would make a great Youtube!!

Maybe we all chip in a few bucks and take out a couple "advertorials".

Just for grins went today and drove another March built Escalade. They still are NO BETTER! As soon as we started down the road, the same pressure and Booming sounds. What I found interesting was even though the suspension is way too firm for my tastes, this one seemed softer then ours, which has the newest shocks as I've seen told.

I was asking the sales guy what he knows about all this. Guy says " He's never heard of the problem " I think it's time for Dateline 20/20 to go drive a few, ask the sales guy what he knows of all these endless problems. When he lies and says he's never heard of all these problems. Have them break out the GM TSB's.

It's time to go National with this !!!

Yea, I've had 2 rentals, one a Suburban and the other a Tahoe, and one for sure was built after Jan 1 and definitely both had the noise issue.

There are a ton of the 2015 Tahoes and Yukons on the used market already, many of which have at least 20000 miles. What are you going to replace yours with?

Jeez, I wonder why if it's such a great vehicle??? LOL!

A few are fleet/rental vehicles. MOST are buybacks. I work at a dealership with unlimited Carfax access. Hertz, enterprises don't sell their cars with 2000, or 5000 miles. The majority of these SUV's are one private owner buy backs. I've checked MANY.

One has to wonder at what point dealerships who state that "they have never heard of this problem" become legally liable or criminally culpable at some level. Begins to sound a lot like fraudulent actions, to me. I realize that the sales guys try to stay as far away from the service department as they can, but still, would be interesting to get some investigative news show to go undercover with several potential buyers and test drive these things with the same salesmen to see what they say when its pointed out. Would make a great Youtube!!

Maybe we all chip in a few bucks and take out a couple "advertorials".

I completely agree. There has to be some liability for deceiving the unknowing general public. What's the 1st real in Real Estate. Disclose, Disclose and Disclose.

GM knows there are major problems with these new SUV's. Who has the connection with the Media? What about a Facebook page where more people can find the truth about their new 50-100k POS the GM is hiding the truth about ??

We have to have some good attorneys on here ?

A few are fleet/rental vehicles. MOST are buybacks. I work at a dealership with unlimited Carfax access. Hertz, enterprises don't sell their cars with 2000, or 5000 miles. The majority of these SUV's are one private owner buy backs. I've checked MANY.

I was referring to the post about the trucks with 20K miles. I agree on the 2000 or 5000 mile vehicles. Definitely need to be careful there. I saw one that said "Balanced 4 tires" in the service records and it was sold shortly thereafter. I would bet my left arm that one had the buffeting issue.

Edited by yukontruckman

Hello,

I just signed up to this forum a few minutes ago.

First of all, THANK YOU X 1000000 for everyone for sharing your experience. You have saved my me and my family a lot of grief and headaches. I'm truly sorry for everyone's experiences, this all just seems to be a bad dream, a 70k vehicle with all these problems.

We started looking into purchasing a second SUV for a few months and I have done my research (thank GOD!), I really wanted a Yukon, I've always loved the way they look and perform and the new ones are gorgeous. I'm really disappointing with the Cabin pressure. I have vertigo so that will be no bueno for me at all.

Unfortunately, we have a limited selection of SUV's. We currently have a 4runner 2010 and we absolutely love it!! I will be taking it over and wife gets a new ride. Even with 2 kids, it's a little cramped in the 4runner, so next logical choice is Sequoia, but the stinking thing gets sub 13 MPG around town, which is terrible!

Land Cruiser, too expensive.

Yukon is perfect for price, size and MPG.

So - has anyone heard if this will be fixed for the 2016 models? What do you all suggest, purchase a 2016 or wait/purchase an older Yukon and upgrade down the line?

Thank again and again for all the shared experiences.

Danny

Danny,

Do yourself a BIG favour and go test drive an Acura MDX. There are substantially bigger inside then they look. They are wide and the recent update is slightly longer than the previous, which we had and loved. Excellent vehicle though and through, and there is no better value on the market. If you only have 2 kids, it is a perfect vehicle. Trust me - take a tape measure along and you will be shocked at the interior volume. One of the few SUV's that a set of golf clubs will sit completely cross-ways in the rear, between the weelwells - not angled or raised up at one end like in most SUV's (including the Mercedes GL!!)

As for the 2016's....no idea. I wouldn;t hold my breath. Took GM well into the 2nd model year to fix the vibration issue on the 1999 pickups, so this issue is far from over.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Danny,

Do yourself a BIG favour and go test drive an Acura MDX. There are substantially bigger inside then they look. They are wide and the recent update is slightly longer than the previous, which we had and loved. Excellent vehicle though and through, and there is no better value on the market. If you only have 2 kids, it is a perfect vehicle. Trust me - take a tape measure along and you will be shocked at the interior volume. One of the few SUV's that a set of golf clubs will sit completely cross-ways in the rear, between the weelwells - not angled or raised up at one end like in most SUV's (including the Mercedes GL!!)

Thanks for your reply, but go read the reviews on the new MDX, there are a lot of complaints about the electric of that car. They need a few years to vet through their issues too. Which makes me even more miserable. The only thing that will work for us without known issues at this point is another 4runner lol .

I am also exploring the older QX56, 2012'S... I like body on frame.

Thanks again.

Edited by DannyLLama

Here's a little fun twist -

This past weekend I went to Vegas and had two GM rental cars - A 2015 Malibu and a 2015 Cadillac ATS... Would you be surprised if I said the Malibu generated the SAME head/ear pressure as our 2 Yukons??? The extent of the pressure wasn't as bad, but it certainly was present! On the other hand, the ATS was perfect. No pressure issues with that car at all.

The Malibu isn't optioned with a "ANC" system (just as the regular Yukons) but for whatever reason, it still generated pressure... This is simply another example that the "sound reduction" system these vehicles are using is precisely what is creating the ear pressure - no doubt about it. Now...why did the ATS not have the issue - I have no idea.