2015 YUKON NOISE IN CABIN

I just spent a good amount of time reading these posts and wish I did so prior to purchasing my 2015i Suburban LTZ. I have noticed the wind noise which at first caused me to think either the driver side or rear passenger window was opened. I do not feel the pressure or notice the buffeting but will check again to see if I am experiencing that issue. The wind noise is a constant "wooshing" wind sound that occurs at most speeds. I also have a dash rattle that occurs on the driver side just over the console when I drive over bumps. If I drive and hold down the joint between the console and dash the noise is reduced.

I'm not looking forward to family road trips in this vehicle or the process for having GM make this right. I have an appointment with the dealer this week. Should be interesting.

CI Houn - there are 4 issues that dominate this thread, Shaking/Vibration/Buffeting/Pressure.

Shaking and vibration, no one has resolved the issue, a few have gotten rid of their vehicle, more than a few just deal with it for various reasons until or if they can get out of the deal.

Buffeting and pressure, 2 instances of claiming to have figured it out. (1) a dealer changed out the rear end. (2) another fella used cotton balls around his microphone. Few have gotten rid of their vehicle, more than a few just deal with it for various reasons until or if they can get out of the deal.

CI Houn - there are 4 issues that dominate this thread, Shaking/Vibration/Buffeting/Pressure.

Shaking and vibration, no one has resolved the issue, a few have gotten rid of their vehicle, more than a few just deal with it for various reasons until or if they can get out of the deal.

Buffeting and pressure, 2 instances of claiming to have figured it out. (1) a dealer changed out the rear end. (2) another fella used cotton balls around his microphone. Few have gotten rid of their vehicle, more than a few just deal with it for various reasons until or if they can get out of the deal.

Cotton balls? Is it a cabin pressure problem or a sound electrical issue

One fella used cotton balls around his noise cancellation mics and he says they eliminated the buffeting and pressure. Nothing written on this thread pertains to an electrical issue. Story too long to talk about the cotton balls. Type cotton balls into the search window (this topic) to get the background.

I believe each scenario is different depending on the sensitivity of the person experiencing the buffeting. I have come to believe all the vehicles have the issue to some degree. For the record, mine is a SLT, standard length, and I do NOT have the ANC mics. Due to this fact, I believe the mics enhance the issue, which I believe to be a mechanical one. This would make sense if the cotton balls used in those vehicles with mics muffled or canceled the 'enhanced' sound to the degree it could not be heard by that particular individual, or perhaps it did not work on another particular individual because of their sensitivity to the buffeting is greater.

The sweet spot for the buffeting in my vehicle is 43 MPH, however, my wife can barely hear the buffeting, where I can hear it loud and clear and feel the pressure. I have been working with my dealer who has been very helpful. The service manager rode with me and we did several test to rule out if the issue was a V4 -vs- V8 mode issue and found out it does not matter what mode the vehicle is in, the buffeting is present.

We now have a GMC engineer involved, and he also believes it could be a rear end issue as mentioned by another poster. The next step is to measure the backlash on every tooth in the rear end to determine if the rear end is indeed the culprit. Hopefully I can have this done next week.

As for 'just dealing with the issue', we are doing just that. It is not that big a deal to me and as I do not drive this vehicle as my primary vehicle and as stated before, my wife can barely hear the buffeting, so no issue with her. My dealer has been very helpful and determined to figure this out.

I understand each situation is different and I'll report back the findings.

Edited by cleanfreak

I believe each scenario is different depending on the sensitivity of the person experiencing the buffeting. I have come to believe all the vehicles have the issue to some degree. For the record, mine is a SLT, standard length, and I do NOT have the ANC mics. Due to this fact, I believe the mics enhance the issue, which I believe to be a mechanical one. This would make sense if the cotton balls used in those vehicles with mics muffled or canceled the 'enhanced' sound to the degree it could not be heard by that particular individual, or perhaps it did not work on another particular individual because of their sensitivity to the buffeting is greater.

The sweet spot for the buffeting in my vehicle is 43 MPH, however, my wife can barely hear the buffeting, where I can hear it loud and clear and feel the pressure. I have been working with my dealer who has been very helpful. The service manager rode with me and we did several test to rule out if the issue was a V4 -vs- V8 mode issue and found out it does not matter what mode the vehicle is in, the buffeting is present.

We now have a GMC engineer involved, and he also believes it could be a rear end issue as mentioned by another poster. The next step is to measure the backlash on every tooth in the rear end to determine if the rear end is indeed the culprit. Hopefully I can have this done next week.

As for 'just dealing with the issue', we are doing just that. It is not that big a deal to me and as I do not drive this vehicle as my primary vehicle and as stated before, my wife can barely hear the buffeting, so no issue with her. My dealer has been very helpful and determined to figure this out.

I understand each situation is different and I'll report back the findings.

i had the same issues, now repaired; the entire rear end/axle assemble and drive shaft were replaced via GM engineering personal.

I have owned 3 2015 Yukon Denalis. One an early production model and two 'interim' models. None had this issue. I have not found a vehicle known to have the problem I could test and measure. That is not to say the problem does not exist ... it most certainly must; however, I suspect it is in part the vehicle's engineering and in part individual sensitivity to the intensity and frequency(ies) involved.

Was it an xl version?

i had the same issues, now repaired; the entire rear end/axle assemble and drive shaft were replaced via GM engineering personal.

So this solved the problem.

I know on my 02 denali with 200k plus miles on it developed a rear end issue that would vibrate the vehicle at 55 mph and would go away below or above that. It was a rumbling that would caused that similar effect. Actually might have been the drive shaft

As per my above post, mine is a standard length Yukon or "shortie" with the issue.

Ok. Going to rent a Tahoe lt tomorrow