Firearms owners....Be sure to know your gun friendly States!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes but as I

He's saying concealed carry is a privilege, not gun ownership.

Yes but as I understand it, the SC ruling was what forced IL and now DC to pass some sort of permitting process. They were the only two places in the country where nothing at all existed. And now they're going after the may issue states. Cali laws are supposed to change from may issue to shall issue at some point.

Yes but as I

Yes but as I understand it, the SC ruling was what forced IL and now DC to pass some sort of permitting process. They were the only two places in the country where nothing at all existed. And now they're going after the may issue states. Cali laws are supposed to change from may issue to shall issue at some point.

That's still it litigation I believe, but it's still considered a privelage to CC, hence the application / permitting process. Otherwise any and everyone could do so. Hell even owning a gun is a privelage that can be taken away.

quick google search and one of the first results, only scanned so hopefully it's right. http://blogs.lawyers.com/2013/02/no-right-to-carry-concealed-weapon/

Only real reason I know of SC's ruling is because here in Florida our grassroots gun rights group is using the SC's rulings that owning a gun is a right, yet concealed carry is a privileged, as an argument to finally get back our open carry rights here.

actually this link might be a better read

https://www.floridacarry.org/index.php/litigation-32/21-statecourt/70-norman-v-state

Okay so maybe I'm getting my courts mixed up on who ruled what..

Archived