Can we get a regular cab thread going? Stock, lifted, lowered?

Here's my baby. Torn between longtubes or a 4/6 drop for next mod

IMG_20150322_141029_zpsuonzpowb.jpg

IMG_20150322_141108_zpsuboc3ptm.jpg

I think you will have some tire rubbing issues with a 4/6 drop on your truck with the wheels sticking that far out. So do the long tubes first.

RT

Edited by 07Softail

14 z71, 5.3, 4x4, 3.42

Airaid cold air

Banks monster power exhaust

Elite engineering catch can

Rough country 2 inch level.

Low profile deep Better Built tool box

Coming soon:

Debadge, black out front bowtie, window tint, remove valance, bigger tires and nicer wheels... maybe a 3.5 inch lift...

post-136308-0-51878400-1429048220_thumb.jpg

14 z71, 5.3, 4x4, 3.42

Airaid cold air

Banks monster power exhaust

Elite engineering catch can

Rough country 2 inch level.

Low profile deep Better Built tool box

Coming soon:

Debadge, black out front bowtie, window tint, remove valance, bigger tires and nicer wheels... maybe a 3.5 inch lift...

More pics, and if you ever get rid of those rims let me know!

Anybody having any squeeking issues? Mine is dropped 4/7. Mcgauhys Kit. I'm getting annoying squeks at low speeds, on front driver side. Don't know what it is. It just recently did this. Any help. And the rear squeeks too.

No squeaking here... Did you tighten the springs,shackles,upper-lower control arms with the suspension loaded or while it was jacked up and unloaded?

RT

No squeaking here... Did you tighten the springs,shackles,upper-lower control arms with the suspension loaded or while it was jacked up and unloaded?

RT

I got it lowered about 3 months ago or so. About 2 weeks ago, something popped on my front driver side, and my alignment went bad. So I got it realigned the next week, and it squeeks now in the front,and rubs sometimes when I'm going slow to the left. They wheels pokes out. I'll post pictures of the right vs left side.

Were u supposed to grease some bushings before install and maybe didn't?

I don't remember greasing them.

I got it lowered about 3 months ago or so. About 2 weeks ago, something popped on my front driver side, and my alignment went bad. So I got it realigned the next week, and it squeeks now in the front,and rubs sometimes when I'm going slow to the left. They wheels pokes out. I'll post pictures of the right vs left side.

I don't remember greasing them.

I re-tightened all of the spindle nuts and tie-rod ends after 500 miles and the were not loose but they did snug up a bit. That might be what you heard. I checked them after 1000 miles and all was good.

RT

No...It's just that the spindle nuts and tie-rod bolts need to be snugged up a bit. I felt a bit of a knock in the steering when turning into parking lots with a dip or my driveway and that's where i started was tightening the nuts. McGaughys install specs say check all fasteners after 500 miles or something like that.

RT

• Like 1

No...It's just that the spindle nuts and tie-rod bolts need to be snugged up a bit. I felt a bit of a knock in the steering when turning into parking lots with a dip or my driveway and that's where i started was tightening the nuts. McGaughys install specs say check all fasteners after 500 miles or something like that.

RT

hmm, that makes sense. Mine has that problem right now actually. did you take off the wheel to tighten them?
  • Like 1