popping noise in dash

Curious to see if it does the pop noise in the fall and winter seasons. I'm use to all the problems associated with my truck...sad but true.

My Sierra does it. It was 32 today for the high and I could here the "pop" every once in a while. My '14 Silverado doesn't do it though. :dunno:

• Like 1

I have approx 2500 miles on my new truck purchased back in late Oct. and just this week I noticed a little rattle in the dash/speedo steering column area. Is there another thread somewhere that might address this? It's only noticeable when I drive over gouged out roadway and pothole patch. Looking for a fix. Thanks!

I have approx 2500 miles on my new truck purchased back in late Oct. and just this week I noticed a little rattle in the dash/speedo steering column area. Is there another thread somewhere that might address this? It's only noticeable when I drive over gouged out roadway and pothole patch. Looking for a fix. Thanks!

It's two things. The hood release, where the inside cable is rattling inside housing and under the steering column area is an inline black plastic housing that has something to do with the gear shifter. Stick your head up under there with a flash light and you'll see it.

• Like 1

It's two things. The hood release, where the inside cable is rattling inside housing and under the steering column area is an inline black plastic housing that has something to do with the gear shifter. Stick your head up under there with a flash light and you'll see it.

thanks Jeff...I appreciate it and will give it a look as soon as it gets above freezing up here!!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My first post as a new member. My new 2015 Silverado 1500 has the same popping noise. It appears to be due to a temperature contrast when the AC is turned on and the hot plastic bezels surrounding the audio controls and the AC vents expand or contract. It seems to disappear after a few minutes or become more infrequent. Since I'm in the Texas heat I'm looking forward to the late Fall and Winter to see if still occurs. This hasn't happened on any vehicle I've had since the mid-1980s. I would have thought this would have been engineered out by this time. By the way, thanks for all the tips and knowledge. It has kept me from a needless trip to the dealer already.

• 9 months later...

After having my 2015 Silverado 1500 for a full year I find the popping noise from around the radio occurs no matter what the season is. Between that and the hard to turn ignition key and the seat movement around a corner I find the vehicle lacking in quality.

• 1 year later...