popping noise in dash

Yeah, It is just my first instinct to start carving something up when there is an issue. Maybe I need counseling. :dunno:

Can you tell me what part of the bezel it is? It is the dark ash plastic surrounding the volume and radio, home, etc buttons or the grey plastic that surrounds that part?

Can you tell me what part of the bezel it is? It is the dark ash plastic surrounding the volume and radio, home, etc buttons or the grey plastic that surrounds that part?

It seems to be the bezel that directly surrounds the radio knobs.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sad to say this, but my 02 GMC 1500HD did this the whole time i owned it ('07-'13 and 130,000+ miles). I have the same popping and cracking noises on my 14 now. i had hoped they would have fixed this by now, didn't notice or hear it on the test drive, but guess they didn't. i'd love to hear of or find a solution, but.... mine seems related to temps, both inside the cab and when i change the climate control settings (temp change inside dash i'm assuming).

Mine does it around the radio knobs/buttons as well as occasionally i hear it from the left side of dash, next to window, coming from that little change holder/garage door holder/whatever it is dish thats on the far upper left of the actual dash on the drivers side.

• 1 month later...