MThompsonjr115 - 2014 GMC Sierra CCRB 4x4 5.3 SLT A

MThompsonjr115

I wouldn't worry too much about wear and tear. Of course I'd go 2" at most on the level. I can't imagine it would be too bad.

My issue is I can't seem to get any solid opinions on ride quality. Half the people say it's just like stock, the other half says it makes their trucks ride like garbage. Seems like I'd have to try it myself to know for sure but that's a lot of work and money.

Lol! You should see our roads... it's like running an asphalt whoop section.

The problem with leveling kits is that you over extend the front suspension and cause premature wear to the upper ball joints. If our roads were flat and smooth, I wouldn't worry, but our roads are a mess.

I posted this before, but I'll add it again in case you missed it.

4e4845c1c88166a65cf908a524b83ea4.jpg

I'm difficult lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I've seen that.

I figure if I get 70k miles before needing ball joints, then I'm fine with that. I'd upgrade the control arms then.

I'm undecided honestly about what I want, but was liking the idea of getting rid of the Rancho shocks on the truck... they're just too stiff in most situations.

I'm undecided honestly about what I want, but was liking the idea of getting rid of the Rancho shocks on the truck... they're just too stiff in most situations.

Yeah I've seen that.

I figure if I get 70k miles before needing ball joints, then I'm fine with that. I'd upgrade the control arms then.

I'm with DropSix. I think that if I still get 70K miles before having to change anything, then I'd be fine with the 2" spacer route. But the ride does feel a bit stiffer. That's the only downside. It doesn't bother me, it feels more like a truck, although it would be nice to get a nicer ride.

I'm with DropSix. I think that if I still get 70K miles before having to change anything, then I'd be fine with the 2" spacer route. But the ride does feel a bit stiffer. That's the only downside. It doesn't bother me, it feels more like a truck, although it would be nice to get a nicer ride.

I'll probably end up with Bilsteins.

VLED order is ready for shipment! I'm guessing I'll have them by the weekend.

Blew out my back again doing nothing more than bending down to pick something up. It was just getting back to normal and I was cleared to start training again... So very frustrating.

VLED order is ready for shipment! I'm guessing I'll have them by the weekend.

Blew out my back again doing nothing more than bending down to pick something up. It was just getting back to normal and I was cleared to start training again... So very frustrating.

I was going to "like" this post when I read the LMZ thing. Then read about your back and wasn't sure I wanted to hit a "like" or "dislike" button (if they had a "dislike" button that is haha)

Sorry to hear about your back again, back pain can be the worst. Not sure if you have one already or not but you may want to look at getting a back brace. I wear mine a lot and it keeps it from hurting. Also get some BCpowder/stanback. Works much better than anything else when it comes to helping to relive the pain.

I was going to "like" this post when I read the LMZ thing. Then read about your back and wasn't sure I wanted to hit a "like" or "dislike" button (if they had a "dislike" button that is haha)

Sorry to hear about your back again, back pain can be the worst. Not sure if you have one already or not but you may want to look at getting a back brace. I wear mine a lot and it keeps it from hurting. Also get some BCpowder/stanback. Works much better than anything else when it comes to helping to relive the pain.

Thanks Mike.

All I did was bend down and it let go again. Kind of felt like the vertebrae moved and pinched the nerves all over again. Needless to say I'm in pain and frustrated. Been feeling really great and moving well, but it let go with no warning. I guess back to square one.

On a better note, my mirrors should be here tomorrow and the headlights should be here by the weekend. Might be waiting to put everything on though... this weekend is going to be in the below zero temps... FAIL!

Been thinking about putting some Amber lights in my grille, kinda like the Raptor, but it might just look dumb. The Silverado that has them looks pretty good, but not sure how it'd look on the Sierra, although it would probably look good with the AT grille.

Sorry to hear about your back. Too bad you don't live a bit closer, I'd help you put them on in my garage.

Others have mentioned ride quality with the spacers, and my opinion is it is the same with the RC 2" spacers. But I never thought my truck rode that we'll anyway. It's not much better than my lower profiled tire Trailblazer SS. Just my two cents.

Sorry to hear about your back. Too bad you don't live a bit closer, I'd help you put them on in my garage.

Others have mentioned ride quality with the spacers, and my opinion is it is the same with the RC 2" spacers. But I never thought my truck rode that we'll anyway. It's not much better than my lower profiled tire Trailblazer SS. Just my two cents.

Thanks! I hope it gets better quickly.

Good to know. I still think I'll end up with the Bilsteins, that should make it ride a bit nicer and get a little more lift in the front.

Thanks! I hope it gets better quickly.

Good to know. I still think I'll end up with the Bilsteins, that should make it ride a bit nicer and get a little more lift in the front.

The bilsteins are the thing to do in the long run. Others have worried about the ride in this thread, so thought I'd throw my two cents in. I'm leasing this truck. I don't want to spend alot of money on it. Tires, tonn cover, get the attached snow plow look gone, and a tune is all I plan on doing. Oh, and the used intake tube. Just have to pull the trigger on the inTune, and decide on tires.

Archived