MThompsonjr115 - 2014 GMC Sierra CCRB 4x4 5.3 SLT A

MThompsonjr115

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pics please. Did u level the front?

No level yet... Still trying to decide if it's worth it. I put a lot of miles on my truck and don't want to increase wear and tear on the front end components. I would really like to do an RC 2.5" though.

+1 on pics. You should know the motto by now, pictures or it didn't happen [emoji6]

I know, I know... here's some pics.

6e3e06b417aff1508bf724efc2da420c.jpg

31958d1b38b7089e36ce7d0459560daf.jpg

7fa0e4fd6303aba54c33cd04b9851f7c.jpg

Sorry pics are kinda dark... if I remember I'll get some more tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No level yet... Still trying to decide if it's worth it. I put a lot of miles on my truck and don't want to increase wear and tear on the front end components. I would really like to do an RC 2.5" though.

I know, I know... here's some pics.

6e3e06b417aff1508bf724efc2da420c.jpg

31958d1b38b7089e36ce7d0459560daf.jpg

7fa0e4fd6303aba54c33cd04b9851f7c.jpg

Sorry pics are kinda dark... if I remember I'll get some more tomorrow.

Level it! These trucks look much better leveled! And it looks good with those tires

Level it! These trucks look much better leveled! And it looks good with those tires

I want to..., but we'll see. Maybe in the spring.

I really want to put some uniball upper control arms with FOX coilovers from Camburg on it.

Drove to work this morning and got a good taste for the highway noise from the Duratracs for about 30 miles. They were pretty loud, but oddly enough sounded as if they started to quite down toward the end of the trip.

I forgot to add in my original post about the tires, they are a "P" size, not an "LT" tire. The next closest "LT" size was about $120 more per tire... no thanks.

Also they are ~10lbs heavier per tire than the OE SR-A's. My MPGs are not looking so great right now. Down about 1MPG on the display, but they are bigger so the actual will need to be calculated.

Truck looks better with these tires for sure.

::EDIT::

Truck has almost no vibrations now with these tires.

Truck looks good! Is yours the extended bed version? Looks long in the photos.

Yes it is. It's much longer than my short bed and you can tell because his gas tank cover doesn't run into the fenders like on the short bed.

Truck looks good! Is yours the extended bed version? Looks long in the photos.

Thanks!

Yes, it's the regular 6.5' bed. I like the way it looks, and wanted to have a bit more room for stuff in the bed. It also doubles as a place to sleep if needed lol.

With the crew cab and regular(6.5') bed, the truck is 20' long.

I just found out about Corrosion X today, and will be ordering ASAP. I want to get that on before the snow hits.

Next year I'll use their rust remover to clean up the frame and rear axle, then re-paint black to make it look nice again.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing new to report on the truck...

Although I've got some ideas for things I'd like to do to it at some point down the road:

- HID headlights, either retrofit or "plug in play"

- LED light bar in front bumper, 20"

- Rigid LED fog light replacement setup

- 2.5" Level, Camburg or Rough Country, or Bilsteins depending on funds and if they are available.

- Tune, Diablosport Intune or Black Bear custom tune

- Exterior LED lights for reverse, cargo, etc.

- Tint front windows to be slightly lighter than the rears

I'm sure there's other things, but I can't remember. Things will be slowing down for a while on it, as I have a Subaru engine to build and a wedding to pay for, plus all kinds of other crap.

I need to get my car running and up to full strength again to start Rallycross again...

69845ebf41836f80acb75776eb913222.jpgc10f0fdeb56b0429efd8a6f94d0f739c.jpg

Archived