MThompsonjr115 - 2014 GMC Sierra CCRB 4x4 5.3 SLT A

MThompsonjr115

Well it's still snowing and I injured my back today so I'm in lots of pain.

Some good news though... I'll be getting some Powerfold tow mirrors from SuperchargedSS. Can't wait to get them!

Congrats to the New England Patriots... this is the first time I've pulled for them to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news on 2 fronts...

1. My back is almost in good enough shape to start training again. I was starting to think it was going to take longer. Back feels so much better and the doctor says its responding really well to treatment.

2. Robbie says the mirrors should be shipping soon! Can't wait to get them. Not sure when I'll get to install them due to the weather and no garage space. I should probably start looking into what wires I should hook the ambers up to and how I'd like to tap into the cargo lights for the white spot LEDs.

Good news on 2 fronts...

1. My back is almost in good enough shape to start training again. I was starting to think it was going to take longer. Back feels so much better and the doctor says its responding really well to treatment.

2. Robbie says the mirrors should be shipping soon! Can't wait to get them. Not sure when I'll get to install them due to the weather and no garage space. I should probably start looking into what wires I should hook the ambers up to and how I'd like to tap into the cargo lights for the white spot LEDs.

Check out the tow mirror thread in a little while. I'm about to post an easy way to get the white lights on with the cargos and the ambers to work as turn signals without having to run any wires. All you need is some wire cutters, 2 wire splices, and a diode. Minimal work is involved

Check out the tow mirror thread in a little while. I'm about to post an easy way to get the white lights on with the cargos and the ambers to work as turn signals without having to run any wires. All you need is some wire cutters and 2 wire splices. Minimal work is involved

I'll take a look at the thread.

I think I want my amber lights to be clearance lights, as the front turn signals do a good enough job getting the point across. As clearance lights they say, watch out for me. Obviously both functions would be great.

I'll take a look at the thread.

I think I want my amber lights to be clearance lights, as the front turn signals do a good enough job getting the point across. As clearance lights they say, watch out for me. Obviously both functions would be great.

I just posted it in the tow mirror thread. I did it this way only as a temporary set up until I can get some of those custom circuit boards to make the ambers work as both turn signals and running lights.

Closely following this thread as I also have a crew cab standard box in silver.

I am debating tires and a level. So please go ahead and be the guinea pig! :D haha.

I am looking at the Rough Country 2.5 kit but I want to discard the .5" spacer and just do the 2" front with the 2" block in the rear as I definitely don't want it to be nose up. I feel like the styling and lines of this truck work best with the stock stance so I want to keep it more or less like that but just raise it up a little bit.

*Also, I think you meant Quicksilver instead of switchblade in your sig :P

Closely following this thread as I also have a crew cab standard box in silver.

I am debating tires and a level. So please go ahead and be the guinea pig! :D haha.

I am looking at the Rough Country 2.5 kit but I want to discard the .5" spacer and just do the 2" front with the 2" block in the rear as I definitely don't want it to be nose up. I feel like the styling and lines of this truck work best with the stock stance so I want to keep it more or less like that but just raise it up a little bit.

*Also, I think you meant Quicksilver instead of switchblade in your sig :P

Thanks!

I'd like to level, but still on the fence about the long term wear and tear. I'll probably end up with the Bilstein 5100 setup, but I may hold off for awhile. The rally car takes precedence right now.

I couldn't figure what color it was lol, read several pieces of conflicting info.

My mirrors from Robbie should be in on Wednesday... can't wait to get them on. Also getting ready to purchase the VLED LMZ headlights if my HID kit sells.

Thanks!

I'd like to level, but still on the fence about the long term wear and tear. I'll probably end up with the Bilstein 5100 setup, but I may hold off for awhile. The rally car takes precedence right now.

I couldn't figure what color it was lol, read several pieces of conflicting info.

My mirrors from Robbie should be in on Wednesday... can't wait to get them on. Also getting ready to purchase the VLED LMZ headlights if my HID kit sells.

If you get the LMZ's before you sell the HID kit, I'd be interested to see how the LMZ's compare to a TRS 35W HID. Maybe some side

by side pics

If you get the LMZ's before you sell the HID kit, I'd be interested to see how the LMZ's compare to a TRS 35W HID. Maybe some side by side pics

I never installed the HIDs, otherwise I definitely would do a comparison.

I never installed the HIDs, otherwise I definitely would do a comparison.

Oh nvm lol.

Oh and you need to level the truck if you put on tow mirrors. Its a new rule I just made up :cool:

Oh nvm lol.

Oh and you need to level the truck if you put on tow mirrors. Its a new rule I just made up :cool:

Well I guess I need to order the Bilsteins then lol

Well I guess I need to order the Bilsteins then lol

forget the bilsteins, just go all out and get a BDS 6" and slap some 37s on it. (BTW, you can actually put 37s on the BDS 6" WITH NO TRIMMING. But only if the truck will only see pavement. These are the words of BDS)

I wouldn't worry too much about wear and tear. Of course I'd go 2" at most on the level. I can't imagine it would be too bad.

My issue is I can't seem to get any solid opinions on ride quality. Half the people say it's just like stock, the other half says it makes their trucks ride like garbage. Seems like I'd have to try it myself to know for sure but that's a lot of work and money.

forget the bilsteins, just go all out and get a BDS 6" and slap some 37s on it. (BTW, you can actually put 37s on the BDS 6" WITH NO TRIMMING. But only if the truck will only see pavement. These are the words of BDS)

I actually considered getting a BDS 4" lift, but it's not reversible(back to stock), so I may hold off and just do a level of some sort.

Archived