Truck @ the dealer for a loud ticking noise

Got a return call from the dealer and still no word from GM where we stand. Over 24 hours after they submitted my warranty claim with them. Once again the dealer is telling me that this usually just takes a couple hours to get an answer and he is not sure what the hold up is.

Trying to be patient but it's hard.... here is sit with no truck....no loaner....no answer whether or not I have a fight on my hands....or better yet why my truck was reflashed 8 times with no ones knowledge.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would bet that it was done on that Saturday that you had it in for service. Some Jack Ass that probably thought he knew what he was doing messed it up, and that is why you couldn't have it back that day? They probably had to wait until the guy that normally does the downloads/re-flashes was there.

This is the thing that pisses me off the most about these vehicles. Everything is dependent on these computers, and we all know these computers have brain farts, OFTEN! You could be tooling down the interstate at 80 MPH, and the damned computer could have a bug in it, and your truck could take an immediate $#!T on you. Then what?

Are we gonna hear the "that's normal", or "that is not our tune" BS?

I'm seriously thinking of not letting them do the odometer re-flash, as I have read more bad than good about it. But actually, how the hell are we supposed to know WHAT the guys are doing with your truck while it is being serviced?

Newm, good luck with what you find out, and keep fighting the "good fight" so the next guy doesn't have to go through the same thing.

I agree with what someone posted about the possibility of the techs messing with or doing training on your vehicle. That is probably what was going on that Saturday.

It is real easy for the dealer to say it is not them, hopefully GM can get to the bottom of it for you.

I don' know much about computers, but I can see the day when some hacker can hack into your vehicle, and screw your truck up bad. Look what OnStar can do to the vehicles, who is to say someone else cannot hack in and mess things up? Think about this new wireless battery charging, that is some REAL Voo-Doo technology right there! Tin-foil hat back off! LOL

Kind of funny haven't seen a gm advisor get into this thread & offer any kind of assistance!

EXACTLY, what I was thinking. I don't think they even know how to put a Band-Aid on this one to try and make it all better. You know they have read it!

We need to all pull together on this type of crap, otherwise there will be a precedence set, and we ALL get screwed.

Hang in there Newm. I for one am pulling for you, and all the rest to follow. C'MON GM, time for a little damage control!

How many miles were on your truck when you purchased from the dealer, could this truck have been someones else's problem.

This is how GM is now conducting their business, as they are out of cash and the word is out at dealership to reject as many warranty items while they crawl out of this truck mess, and the law suit coming for the key cylinder deaths that keep growing each day.

Dealers don't want to honor warranty, when GM is refusing to pay leaving the dealer to recover the labour and parts.

Thanks for all the support. Likes all around!!!!!! Ha

Last word I got was an email after 6 tonight. They have told me that the district rep for GM has been contacted and the area rep will be in tomorrow. I haven't responded yet but will call in the a.m.. I would like to meet this person and get some questions answered because this to me is ridiculous on many different levels and I need a working vehicle.

Even with all the BS aside, what the hell is wrong my truck?!

How many miles were on your truck when you purchased from the dealer, could this truck have been someones else's problem.

This is how GM is now conducting their business, as they are out of cash and the word is out at dealership to reject as many warranty items while they crawl out of this truck mess, and the law suit coming for the key cylinder deaths that keep growing each day.

Dealers don't want to honor warranty, when GM is refusing to pay leaving the dealer to recover the labour and parts.

I don't remember exactly what it had but it was between 5 and 7 miles is all.

Last word I got was an email after 6 tonight. They have told me that the district rep for GM has been contacted and the area rep will be in tomorrow. I haven't responded yet but will call in the a.m.. I would like to meet this person and get some questions answered because this to me is ridiculous on many different levels and I need a working vehicle.

Hopefully the rep brings a tech field rep guy with them as well.

No it must be new, without anyone else screwing with it.

All these buy backs where are they going? Right back on the lot for more folks to buy again....This is why you have to be carefull if a deal is offered with a few k's only at a great deal run fast and hard!

Yea I was thinking about that...I feel sorry for the poor bastard that buys a used k2 with a couple thousand miles, that someone else got a buyback on because it vibrated or had issues...

That might not happen. Its not his job to interact with the customers, just the dealer.

That might not happen. Its not his job to interact with the customers, just the dealer.

The way things are going I am sure it won't.

I am not even sure what the next step I should take....file a complaint with GM....take it to another dealer to see if they can get answers....file with the BBB.....contact an attorney. I have mooched rides and borrowed cars all week and today it has to stop. I need a vehicle! How long can it take for GM to get an answer to the dealer about whether or not to work on a dang truck. The length of time really makes me question what is really going on behind the curtain and what is really wrong with my truck.

Anyone have any contact information for GM? Thoughts on the next step?

Archived