Why did you choose gm-trucks forum

02suburbanZ71

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missing like the Malaysian airplane since what 2013?

Ryan

Yeah. I was on it. Took a while to dogpaddle all the way home. What a party. One of these days I'll tell you where I hid it.

I chose this forum because the people seemed the friendliest and i loved the emoticons and faces you can choose from. What attracted you to this site opposed to other gm forums?

I had just bought my 2010 Silverado and was looking for a forum to learn what ever I could about my truck. Did a search and looked for the one site that had the most members and activity. And here I am! Still!!

Still waiting for the GM-Trucks.com t-shirts. :tear: LOL

I started on Pacific Audio back in 1998... got a 2000 Z71 therafter. I visited Bill (99silveradoz71) in Ohio a few times and we worked on each other's trucks (we had nearly identical trucks at the time). I posted here a little when it started up but mostly left truck forums when I got a Camaro I started racing. I got a new '14 this spring and now I'm back.

I much prefer this site to FSC and the like. I remember before this site there really weren't any big GM truck sites.

I was on another forum before this that seemed to be nothing but douche-bags. EVERY single member was the same. Black out everything, no chrome, tint this and tint that, every single person there was striving to make there truck look.....like exactly every other truck there! If you didn't agree with that, you were instantly hated on.

Here, people are friendly, willing to help out, and for the most part, will still encourage your truck habits, even if it isn't what they would do.

It shows it in your profile. Mine is t correct shows when we changed over from the ez board forum

Wingnut took an extended break. Spoke with him a few yrs ago. He was doing well

Ryan

Bunch of old farts on here. :D

When I bought my Jimmy in 2003 I landed on ZR2.com since all the other S-truck sites where street-focused and that whole street truck thing back then was absurd. They're more tasteful now. :lol: That site is long gone but I've known, like in person known some of those folks for 11 years now. One couple was expecting when I first met them on that site- since they lived nearby I kept in touch and we hung out often and their son turned 10 this year. That sorta freaked me out.

It's one of those things that is weird to think about, my house was mostly a Ford house growing up but I got the Jimmy by chance mostly after driving a friends Blazer. I have quite a few real good friends I probably never would've met if I hadn't gotten that Jimmy and I certainly would not have convinced work to move me to MI since part of the motivation to move was that I have a good group of friends out here.

All because of that stupid Jimmy.

Wild huh?

Archived