Morimoto Sierra Spec HID

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Installed yesterday. Cutoff isn't perfect, but install was easy and much better than the halogens

Did you try rotating the bulbs? The cut off should stay perfect in the projector housings if the bulbs are installed properly.

Kit on its way. 5000k. Did not order separate can-bus. Does anyone know if this is necessary for install?

Kit on its way. 5000k. Did not order separate can-bus. Does anyone know if this is necessary for install?

please post pictures. I was about to order some HID's in the next week or so. Did you have to modify the bulb at all like everyone else did buying a different bulb or since this kit is specifically for our trucks it fits perfect. what color ballast did you get? 5k or 6k?

I bought DDM HID's almost right after I bought my truck and they were working fine once I installed the canubus and relay but then the relay connections got moisture in them and the metal rusted after a hard freeze here in Houston. So I ripped everything out and now im trying to find something of a little better quality.

No, the kit comes complete

Gotcha. Well, my lights look great and tested fine last night. However, on the way to work this morning my left light started to flicker, like, strobe light fast. I hope its just a loose connection because I know my grounds are solid. I'll be reseating the plugs when I get home tonight to see if it corrects the issue. Next step would be to swap the ballasts I guess.

No, the kit comes complete

Ok thanks. Have you had any issues with flickering, buzzing or bulb out codes? I'm guessing you have the kit on your Denali.

Archived