VLED V3 Trition

Hey guys, so tonight I finally received my VLED V3 Triton replacement bulbs for my front turn signals. Officially landing me the ability to say that I have now changed all non-LED lighting from the factory to LED and or HID. All things but my headlights are LED now. But this thread isn't just to express that I am now completely halogen free. It's to post pics of my V3 Triton and anyone else who switches to the triton they can post pics here too for anyone who is considering getting them.

I personally got these because I am getting my turn signals tinted next week when I get halos and FXR projectors installed.

And now the moment we have been waiting for. I introduce the V3 Trition bulb!

Left is stock, right is V3 Trition

833C4CFF-EB8F-4AA7-ABC6-5D3247E313C9_zps

245693C8-95AE-4875-A738-2543AE99C94E_zps

V3 Triton in both turn signals

AA96AD90-40ED-4C3E-A018-ED9C980254DC_zps

Here's how much light they put out comparison pictures!

No lights on except a lamp on the porch and the engine bay lights

AB30DD6C-F662-4851-A990-0F4C61CB9F04_zps

V3's on

37E1D473-BC88-4E4E-B2C9-F38D014303D8_zps

V3's + headlights

921EC794-1CB1-4BD9-9B7A-64079770F9CC_zps

I am picking everything up right now and heading inside soon. I will upload some action videos to YouTube and post links here after I do so.

Hope this helps anyone who is considering getting the V3's!

Wow,they look awesome. A friend of mine with a 2015 HD Sierra did the tail lights with those bulbs and they are bright as hell!! What LED headlight did you use?

Headlights are the only NON-LED. They are DDMtuning.com 55W HID kit. I am changing them out for a TRS 5five kit and a new projector.

These things really are bright! Hell, I was thinking of removing the amber piece and putting a switchback. I'm glad I decided against that! That would've been WAY TOO bright!!

Headlights are the only NON-LED. They are DDMtuning.com 55W HID kit. I am changing them out for a TRS 5five kit and a new projector.

These things really are bright! Hell, I was thinking of removing the amber piece and putting a switchback. I'm glad I decided against that! That would've been WAY TOO bright!!

thats funny because thats what i wanna to when i pull my headlights apart..pull the reflectors and get the switchbacks.. they are damm bright though!

• 5 weeks later...

which bulbs did you use for rear brake and turn? which resisters?

which bulbs did you use for rear brake and turn? which resisters?

I have full LED replacement housings from Anzo. Well, they are actually from Eagle Eyes, but they are the same thing as what is from Anzo. I have the red lens ones that look just like the factory tail lights.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I want the switchbacks, so everything is white while running straight . How will I remove the amber from the turn signal lenses?

You have to pull the headlight apart. Either bake the headlight, use a heat gun, or cut the headlight open. From there I have been told that it is pretty self explanatory and very easy to remove the ambers in both the Sierra and Silverado headlights.

• 1 month later...

Mike, what was the process for installing the V3 tritons for your turn signals - remove the grill, etc? Did you use the 6 ohm resistors from VLEDs with their resistor adapters?

Mike, what was the process for installing the V3 tritons for your turn signals - remove the grill, etc? Did you use the 6 ohm resistors from VLEDs with their resistor adapters?

I have the V3 Triton Gen 2.0. They have a built in resistor so all you have to do is put in a 5A fuse to activate the resistor. It's already wires in, just needed to plug the fuse into the holder.

Everything was PNP. Since its a universal bulb, it has a basic plug that comes from the ballast but when you order the V3s, you'll specify what socket you'll need and they will send you a plug that will go to the ballast's plug and make it PNP to your OEM plug.

The Gen 2.5 bulbs that they have now, I cannot imagine would be much different. I think the only difference is the resistor. Not sure if they are built in anymore.

As far as installation goes:

Do you need to remove the grille?

It's not a necessity to do so.

Is it easier if you take off the grille and remove the headlights to gain access to the turn signals?

YES!

Would i recommend you remove the grille and headlights?

I highly highly recommend that you remove the grille and headlights. The V3 is larger than your stock bulb just slightly and the back end that sticks out is far larger. I tried removing and reinstalling my V3s this past weekend without removing the grille and headlights, and I ended up popping the "top" for the tritons that disburse the light. I was able to super glue it back on but after that, I pulled off the grille and headlight and put it back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDIT:

Ps.

I took out the V3 to test fit it in the reverse housing to see if it would fit. It's not a direct swap since the top that disperses the light is too large to fit into the 921 socket. But you can modify the socket by cutting the hole larger to get it to fit.

Archived