Installed ADD W1 Oil Catch Can

Yes.

The PCV port is under the throttle body on the 5.3 V8. This is the source of the crankcase vapors that go to the catch can. The other hose will go back to the intake manifold.

Correct.

Port on throttle body goes to inlet port on can and port on side of manifold goes to outlet on can.

Installed mine today. Took me a while to come up with a bracket.

Funny thing is, I had no oil in my intake tube like some of you have. Mine was actually bone dry. There was oil on the ends of the pcv hose, so I know there is some oil getting in. 20150207_135927_zpsg6wnmoln.jpg

Funny thing is, I had no oil in my intake tube like some of you have. Mine was actually bone dry. There was oil on the ends of the pcv hose, so I know there is some oil getting in. 20150207_135927_zpsg6wnmoln.jpg

Thinking about getting one of these, that hose didnt come with it did it. How much did you need, and what size?

Will there be any warranty issues after installing this catch can? Lets say if you are having any emission problems down the road.

You have the 5.3 and the PCV hose connects further back on the engine so you won't see oil at the intake/throttle body. Mine's dry as well. You probably would see oil if you had the 6.2 though. Still the oil is getting in there on those valves I'm sure.

I have read 32 pages of this situation along with another 5 pages of pics of our valves and just read this 3 page thread..... Words cannot describe my dissappointment towards gm new Eco tech owned 05 GMC Sierra and 2012 along with my 06 colorado I5 and never heard or came across running to issues my colorado had 200k miles with zero issues just regualr PM and tranny oil. Other than that im overwhelmed with the info that I have read and will be ordering the RX CC the plus side though I only have 2250 miles so a bit of an advantgae but still furious. Just called seems they're closed but tommorrow morning will be ordering it asap. I do however feel bad for those owners who are not aware of this issues such as single moms, elderly, and etc. I wish them best and hopefully they don't get screwed.

Haider320

I installed my add w1 can today. After getting everything all check over I started the engine up and now has a vacuum suction sound that was not there before install. I didn't use clamps since its all under vacuum pressure. So just to make sure went back and installed clamps on all the fittings. Started up it up again and still have suction sound, I then unhooked the hoses from the engine and installed the stock hose back on the suction sound went away. Do you have that sound now or anyone else. The sound is not coming from the can and not from the inlet on the side of the intake its on the front almost sounds like it could be from the pvc outlet on the drivers side valve cover. I have taken that hose aloose and put it back on and both ends click in place. This may be normal now with the can and more hose install I just don't know never have been around one before. I also took it down the road with the can hooked up and could hear a slight buzzing sound while driving off slowly.

Thanks

Edited by southern_sierra

Haider320

I installed my add w1 can today. After getting everything all check over I started the engine up and now has a vacuum suction sound that was not there before install. I didn't use clamps since its all under vacuum pressure. So just to make sure went back and installed clamps on all the fittings. Started up it up again and still have suction sound, I then unhooked the hoses from the engine and installed the stock hose back on the suction sound went away. Do you have that sound now or anyone else. The sound is not coming from the can and not from the inlet on the side of the intake its on the front almost sounds like it could be from the pvc outlet on the drivers side valve cover. I have taken that hose aloose and put it back on and both ends click in place. This may be normal now with the can and more hose install I just don't know never have been around one before. I also took it down the road with the can hooked up and could hear a slight buzzing sound while driving off slowly.

Thanks

I did not hear any suction sound from mine. Everything seemed to be the same, sound wise. Edited by haider320

Haider320

Thanks

I've got the same vacuum sound coming from the suction side. I also used Gates 3/8" PCV hose and it seems the suction is strong enough to even partially collapse it.

I mounted the can near the aux battery location. Do you think the length of hoses makes a difference?

I've got the same vacuum sound coming from the suction side. I also used Gates 3/8" PCV hose and it seems the suction is strong enough to even partially collapse it.

I mounted the can near the aux battery location. Do you think the length of hoses makes a difference?

I think the length can make a difference and I think that by going through the can may creat more vacuum too. Its almost like its having to suck more now.I even remove the baffle with the scrub pad just to see if that was casing it. I think its causing the hose to pull together just enough to cause the sound, If you notice the stock hose its hard plastic. The rubber hose will get softer with more heat too. Iam going to remove mine in the morning. I have warranty for 100K not going to worry about it. I will have an 85 dollar can sitting on a shelf, o well.

Haider320

I installed my add w1 can today. After check over I started the engine up and now has a vacuum suction sound that was not there before install. I didn't use clamps since its all under vacuum pressure. So just to make sure went back and installed clamps on all the fittings. Started up it up again and still have suction sound, I then unhooked the hoses from the engine and installed the stock hose back on the suction sound went away. Do you have that sound now or anyone else. The sound is not coming from the can and not from the inlet on the side of the intake its on the front almost sounds like it could be from the pvc outlet on the drivers side valve cover. I have taken that hose aloose and put it back on and both ends click in place. This may be normal now with the can and more hose install I just don't know never have been around one before. I also took it down the road with the can hooked up and could hear a slight buzzing sound while driving off slowly.

Thanks

Looks like you have the hoses Backwards (I can't tell cause pic is small). Look in my first pics and you can see the white tube In the intake and that is the suction side midway down the intake manifold that goes to the can's "outlet" on the left side of the can (shown in the above blue can) Can is sorta designed backwards for our trucks. But the increased suction noise is normal.

Edited by EXSlider400

I have read 32 pages of this situation along with another 5 pages of pics of our valves and just read this 3 page thread..... Words cannot describe my dissappointment towards gm new Eco tech owned 05 GMC Sierra and 2012 along with my 06 colorado I5 and never heard or came across running to issues my colorado had 200k miles with zero issues just regualr PM and tranny oil. Other than that im overwhelmed with the info that I have read and will be ordering the RX CC the plus side though I only have 2250 miles so a bit of an advantgae but still furious. Just called seems they're closed but tommorrow morning will be ordering it asap. I do however feel bad for those owners who are not aware of this issues such as single moms, elderly, and etc. I wish them best and hopefully they don't get screwed.

Could be worse.....like include twin turbos in the mix. But all DI/GDI have this issue across most brands. Only one I know of that has addressed it is Toyota with their half DI setup.

Looks like you have the hoses Backwards (I can't tell cause pic is small). Look in my first pics and you can see the white tube In the intake and that is the suction side midway down the intake manifold that goes to the can's "outlet" on the left side of the can (shown in the above blue can) Can is sorta designed backwards for our trucks. But the increased suction noise is normal.

I have the hose from the crankcase hooked to the inlet baffle side of the can and the outlet side hose to the side of intake just like Haider320's. I'am going to take the can off. If anybody wants an ADD W1 oil catch can with about 4 miles on it will sale for $50.00 paid $89.98.