2016 H/D's

Not everything that gets tested gets released.

Just because it's being tested now doesn't mean that the intended release is for 16 model.

I agree, It would appear there will at least be a power increase with the Duramax Engines in 2016-2017.

GM really needs to introduce 4500 and 5500 cab and chassis models. The F-550 and Ram 5500 absolutely kill GM's top 3500HD cab and chassis models. GM really has no reputation with commercial truck users anymore, it's like don't even bother with a Chevy or GMC if you need a 'real' truck. Strictly receational trucks now.

I know, there are all kinds of rumors on the internet that heavier GM trucks are on the way, but there is not one single shread of hard evidence GM is even considering such models.

GM really needs to introduce 4500 and 5500 cab and chassis models. The F-550 and Ram 5500 absolutely kill GM's top 3500HD cab and chassis models. GM really has no reputation with commercial truck users anymore, it's like don't even bother with a Chevy or GMC if you need a 'real' truck. Strictly receational trucks now.

I know, there are all kinds of rumors on the internet that heavier GM trucks are on the way, but there is not one single shread of hard evidence GM is even considering such models.

Hell even the Ford and Ram 1 ton duallys crush GMs 1 ton duallys.

The Ram 4500 just took the truck of the year status for that class of vehicle. I guess GM doesn't feel there is much of a market to tap in to and justify the R&D expense to develop a competitive offering.

Biggest problem is with the commercial chassis/cabs. Best GM has is 13,000 GVW, while Ford and Ram go to 19,500 GVW. Can't use a GM truck for much.

More is not always better. If the truck is in commerce a 19,5000 GVWR leaves room for 6,500 GVW trailer until a class A might be needed. The 13,000lb GVWR gives a little more breathing room. From an insurance, tax, licensing and compliance, and hiring drivers standpoint that can be a big deal. Getting a guy a Class B if it's needed isn't a big deal, insurable Class A drivers are in short supply.

http://special-reports.pickuptrucks.com/2014/08/2014-ultimate-hd-challenge-one-ton-overview.html

Ok so the difference is not as much as i was thinking, but still behind.

Pretty sure in certain conf. the Ram can tow up to 30,000lbs

The problem is the GM dually's have outclassed the Ram in real world tests towing much less weight. If the Ram can't keep up with GM or Ford towing 20,000 lbs how do you think that truck is going to handle 30,000 lbs?

The problem is the GM dually's have outclassed the Ram in real world tests towing much less weight. If the Ram can't keep up with GM or Ford towing 20,000 lbs how do you think that truck is going to handle 30,000 lbs?

The ram can't gas can't keep up with the 6.0 either.

http://www.tfltruck.com/2014/10/2014-ram-2500-hd-6-4l-hemi-vs-6-0l-chevy-ike-gauntlet-hd/

A full minute slower. Goes to prove that the impressive marketing numbers do not always play out the same in the real world. Substantially more HP and Torque for the 6.4 Hemi in the Ram, yet it got skunked by the lowly 6.0L in the Silverado. Thanks for posting the link!

But then, this is same thing in heavy commercial trucking. Impressive numbers do not always mean one will get to the top of the hill quicker. My lowly 12.7L Series 60 Detroit shames other newer engines with larger displacement on a regular basis with the same loads.

Archived