Transmission fix finally for 14-15 sierra silverado! WOOOOT!

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bc first it voids the warranty, second I spent 50 grand on a pickup and after 1,000 miles it's starts this send gm says they are aware of the situation but say it's "normal". The arbitrator in my case was shocked that they even admitted it, and then they have the balls to present evidence in the trucks manual saying that this warranty on transmission and other parts doesn't cover things like what gm considers normal, lol it's just all bullshit really

• 2 months later...

Any info on this yet? Shift point at 30 mph generates a large clunk along with a bit of whiplash. Sluggish with loads in tow and driving in the city or in traffic where you're not quickly accelerating through 2nd and 3rd gear is terrible. My town has a 25mph speed limit so I get to hear it daily.

Ray I am not trying to debate. Just my experience. The Ford pulls strong and the others felt sluggish. Hopefully the 6.2 I drove had 87 in it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

See you cant argue with science fellas.

Science is true whether you believe it or not....

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Old thread, but 10, 000 miles on a 2017 5.3 6 speed and from reading here, the newer models are not better, perhaps even worst.. I have owned GM trucks since 1978 and this is by far the worst one I have owned. Heck, the worst vehicle to drive of any that I have owned or driven. Perhaps one good thing is my friends will not borrow it.

This aint funny.

The truck has been to the dealer countless times and just like everyone else, it is the same story. 

Throwing caution into the wind I did the BB tune. Tweaked it a few times with them. Good company and excellent customer service. I will say it is better, but we are polishing a turd here. I am sure that BB is capable, but I think it will take more than emailed tunes to do it. Or more time with the tune programmer and our communications.  Maybe a tuning session at one of their announced site will do it. All good but the problem with me is I did not buy a truck expecting to work on it for something as simple as drivability! And towing...dont want to even go there. 

I thought that I could take driving this truck this way for a year or so and trade, but I can not stand it anymore. I shall take the loss and it will not be from another GM truck that is for sure.

I love my bone stock factory tuned 6L80 box. Does exactly what it should exactly when it should. But then again I remember some truly awful boxes. Like the T-700R in it's first few years and the Ford AOD when it was cutting teeth. This box I judge against a pretty high bar. Honda; and it has nothing to be ashamed of. I can make it act quirky. If fact I can make any of them act quirky. Or I can just drive it. Let the auto learn do it's thing and get all warm and fuzzy. :thumbs:

Are they all perfect every time? No. They all spit a lemon now and again. Thing is, when you read threads like this you come away thinking, if you let yourself, that you're playing with a  two headed rattlesnake. Isn't so. This isn't a barrel of apples where one bad one now and again spoils the entire barrel.

IF it was good on the test drive...and if it wasn't and you bought it anyway? :smash:

On 4/24/2015 at 11:46 AM, ember1205 said:

... My understanding is that the manufacturer must PROVE that it caused the failed (and otherwise covered) part issue. There's no allowance for a general "Your warranty was voided because you installed an aftermarket part" statement. Look back to when manufacturers tried to claim that not using the AC Delco oil filter voided your engine warranty and when all manufacturers would claim that installation of an aftermarket stereo resulted in them not covering an ECU that died. The onus is "on them" to prove that what was done actually caused the breakdown, otherwise they have to cover it.

Again - that was my understanding.

Of course this is wrong.  They don't need to "prove" anything and are actively looking to deny warranty claims whenever possible.   Installing any aftermarket tune is a gigantic get-out-of-paying-any power train related repair for the oem's.

19 minutes ago, sprtplt said:

Of course this is wrong.  They don't need to "prove" anything and are actively looking to deny warranty claims whenever possible.   Installing any aftermarket tune is a gigantic get-out-of-paying-any power train related repair for the oem's.

Oh! Of course! OF COURSE! How could I have been so wrong?

If you're going to go around quoting two year old posts, you should cover the whole conversation - including the ones that actually SUPPORT what I was saying.

It isn't "wrong", it's exactly right. In the case of a tune, however, it's very easy for GM to provide the necessary proof. A tune changes the way that many parts of the drivetrain operate. If one of the components has been altered in its operation by the tune, and fails prematurely, GM can deny coverage because they can claim that the tune made it operate in a manner that wasn't intended.

3 hours ago, STEVE RILLS said:

By the way grump, what year is your  6L80 that works so well? I came from a 2011 without issue.

2015. Like a Swiss watch. 53K on the clock.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

Yes, the manufacture bears the burden of proof. Your ignorance of that fact is their best weapon. 

Archived