Transmission fix finally for 14-15 sierra silverado! WOOOOT!

So had my truck at the dealer to replace the heated seat for the second time (first time only did passenger seat) and my service advisor who is also a friend of mine who owns a 14 sierra said I would love my truck when I pick it up.

Turns out gm came out with a transmission programming update for my 14 GMC Sierra. My truck has the 5.3l and 3.42 gears.

I cannot believe how much better my truck feels! The transmission shift points are soooo much more improved than before, shifts are quicker, but not necessarily more firm, although maybe slightly. But again the truck feels amazing, like a totally different vehicle. So much more responsive, give it a little gas and it snaps right into the gear I would choose if I had a manual, and feels so much more intuitive overall. After driving around all afternoon and this evening I have completely fallen back in love with my truck. I will admit that this to me was the biggest downfall with the truck after owning it for 6500 miles, but I love love love the responsiveness in my truck now!

I have done tunes on previous vehicles over the years with programmers etc, and even open source tuning but can say I have never experienced a difference in a vehicle like I did with this.

So to make a long story short, call your dealer and see if they have the update available, you will not regret it!!!

Hopefully this helps out a lot of people, and I am very interested to hear what other people think. Please comment on if you have this done what you think of the difference!

Edit, this is a beta version that is not global on gm yet. I will update when my advisor states this is ready globally.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much more responsive, give it a little gas and it snaps right into the gear

This part intrigues me A LOT! Would have I have to call the dealer to see if this would apply to me or not? I have a '15 with the 8-speed trans.

Great news but yearning for more info please. Is it for all models? 6.2.

Funny thing is I'm about to pick mine up for seat issues. Would love to somehow talk to my service guy about this.

I must apologize everyone. I called him this morning and he advised this is not global gm yet, but a "beta test" basically that they are doing on a few trucks to determine customer feedback. Basically a trial type program that gm is testing to get rid of complaints of clunking, shifting hard, and lugging. He said he would let me know asap when it is confirmed and released, but I guess I just going lucky knowing the service writer.

If anyone knows any service writers personally you may be able to work this through, but I will update thread as soon as I have any updates.

likely only the 5.3

Someone post a reference TSB ..... as I'm 99% my dealer won't know a thing about it.

As far as I know all three engines use the 6L80 transmission so it should be for all 3.

Archived