Transmission fix finally for 14-15 sierra silverado! WOOOOT!

I have to add, that I don't know what else was reprogrammed, but when my truck on the interstate or highway goes into 6th, it doesn't feel like it is lagging, holds so much better. I would compare this to a very strong tune. I cannot rave enough. I wish I would have taken a stock video before and a video after. Maybe tommorow or the next day if it warms up I will take a video for everyone to see the shift point difference. I don't ever have to be wot for the shift points just to be right.

I am not trying to get everyone bummed, but rather give hope that this is the fix that we have all been waiting for and what this truck should be. I knew the potential was there with gm, but now it seems that they have it figured out but i am sure they are being careful before just randomly throwing this out.

I don't think it will hurt for people to ask about it, bring up the clunky transmission programming and keep on the dealers to push this. Same as with the crappy heated seats that my dealer has replaced both on, the more people that bring it up, the more gm will be forced to look at it.

Here is hoping people, I just can't believe gm won't put this out. Peace out for the night, and hoping all of you can get this sooner than later.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to add, that I don't know what else was reprogrammed, but when my truck on the interstate or highway goes into 6th, it doesn't feel like it is lagging, holds so much better. I would compare this to a very strong tune. I cannot rave enough. I wish I would have taken a stock video before and a video after. Maybe tommorow or the next day if it warms up I will take a video for everyone to see the shift point difference. I don't ever have to be wot for the shift points just to be right.

I am not trying to get everyone bummed, but rather give hope that this is the fix that we have all been waiting for and what this truck should be. I knew the potential was there with gm, but now it seems that they have it figured out but i am sure they are being careful before just randomly throwing this out.

I don't think it will hurt for people to ask about it, bring up the clunky transmission programming and keep on the dealers to push this. Same as with the crappy heated seats that my dealer has replaced both on, the more people that bring it up, the more gm will be forced to look at it.

Here is hoping people, I just can't believe gm won't put this out. Peace out for the night, and hoping all of you can get this sooner than later.

how hard is it to look at the paperwork and see what the dealer did, I have had a couple of cars at the dealer in my day and every tech has some notes and you have to authorize what ever they are doing.

They don't just magically give anyone the "secret" fix

There is no free lunch when it comes to energy, so how big of a hit has your mpg taken?

With the way the transmission operates in these new trucks... I could really give 2 sh$ts about a slight loss of MPG..... if it means making the trans better. Just my opinion.

I'm with you up to a certain point. If he's getting 12mpg now (from stock form), that may be a deal breaker for some people.

With the way the transmission operates in these new trucks... I could really give 2 sh$ts about a slight loss of MPG..... if it means making the trans better. Just my opinion.

Agreed x10

I just spoke to my dealer today. There is a TSB that just came out this morning for the 8 speed transmissions. Nothing yet for the six speeds.

The TSB is 14-07-30-001C.

The 8 speed TSB is a re-program for transmissions shifting harsh.

Hopefully the six speed update will come soon.

Archived