Transmission fix finally for 14-15 sierra silverado! WOOOOT!

Has anyone had anything done to their transmission that actually helped the horrible shifting patterns?? I dont understand how a Tahoe and Silverado can share the same running gear yet drive so different. My transmission shifting has been horrible since day one. At 7500 miles its still the same and I haven't gotten use to it.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone had anything done to their transmission that actually helped the horrible shifting patterns?? I dont understand how a Tahoe and Silverado can share the same running gear yet drive so different. My transmission shifting has been horrible since day one. At 7500 miles its still the same and I haven't gotten use to it.

Black Bear tune

they told me it was my gas tank being halfway full and the banging im feeling is fuel sloshing around...then they told me the sluggish tranny and gearing nightmare is all normal bc it takes the computer .07 seconds to adjust ...they showed me two pieces of paper from gm....2015 silverado 6.2 8 spd ltz....hunk of crap

• 3 weeks later...

I have approx. 3800 miles on my truck (approaching first oil change) and it seems to be experiencing most of what this thread talks about regarding the flaring and clunking of the transmission. I have a question though about dealers - do I have to take the truck back to the dealer I bought it from to have this looked at, or should any Chevy dealership look after me? Reason I ask is the dealer I bought it from is not really that local and takes two hours to get to.

Well fellas finally brought my truck in for 4th and final time! I'm done with this pos...just contact dmv and started my lemon law case...it's a shame gm doesn't admit that there is a defect with there product!

Well fellas finally brought my truck in for 4th and final time! I'm done with this pos...just contact dmv and started my lemon law case...it's a shame gm doesn't admit that there is a defect with there product!

So whats next?

Remember the good old days when trucks were stupid & didn't learn? LOL!

No kidding. I don't even like this learning crap. I want it to drive well all the time. I don't want it to learn my habits if for some reason i go through a fuel economy phase in life. Then when I get on the pedal it'll drive like shit?

Just make it good always lol.

It's ALWAYS learning. If your habits change, it learns that. It's not like the first 200 miles it's driven is what's set in stone for life.

When is it going to learn to shift properly then?

The problem is what GM considers "proper" shifting. Their goal is appeasing the EPA. That means "get to sixth!!!" and it doesn't play well in the real world. Knock it over into M mode and set yourself around M4/M5 unless you're headed for the highway. Shifts better that way. Or, void your warranty and apply a tune.

The problem is what GM considers "proper" shifting. Their goal is appeasing the EPA. That means "get to sixth!!!" and it doesn't play well in the real world. Knock it over into M mode and set yourself around M4/M5 unless you're headed for the highway. Shifts better that way. Or, void your warranty and apply a tune.

Sorry, it's not just "get to 6th," it's hesitation, confusion, clunking, and flair shifting. It's unbelievable how horrible these things shift. Unless GM can get them to shift like the old trucks, then I'll never buy another new one.

Archived