Post photos of your 2500/3500 HD's

How does it tow? I want to do a lift and people warned me about how bad it would tow. Looks like you have my mother in law in the back. (Justnkidding)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It tows well. It towed it home just fine. It was wandering between 4th and 5th around 65mph. I have 37s and with the 3.73 it’s terrible. Once I go to 4.88 it will be much better. It was actually very stable. I towed it home about 4 hours without stabilizer hitch and sway bars. And with semis blowing by it barely moved the truck. I tow with my truck a lot. Car trailers loaded down, utility trailer with atvs and stuff. Never had an issue. Once the gears get done, it will tow a lot better. I’m on 7.5 inch lift, 37s and 20x14 wheels.

It tows well. It towed it home just fine. It was wandering between 4th and 5th around 65mph. I have 37s and with the 3.73 it’s terrible. Once I go to 4.88 it will be much better. It was actually very stable. I towed it home about 4 hours without stabilizer hitch and sway bars. And with semis blowing by it barely moved the truck. I tow with my truck a lot. Car trailers loaded down, utility trailer with atvs and stuff. Never had an issue. Once the gears get done, it will tow a lot better. I’m on 7.5 inch lift, 37s and 20x14 wheels.

I have a 2017 L5P. I’m not sure of the gearing. I really don’t want to make it a bad experience. I rub with my my 35’s. I’m only looking to go up 4-5 inches (which is probably 2-3 more in the front.

On 6/27/2018 at 4:36 AM, b-garage said:

Sorry, I do not, and I do not own this truck any more. Being on the factory wheels the tires were pretty much flush with the body.

What did you think of those Kanati Mug Hogs? I just put a set of 285/70 17's on my 2008 FJ Cruiser and thinking about getting some 295/70 17's for my 2015 2500HD. So far so good on my FJ, but curious how they'll do on a bigger heavier vehicle like my truck. 

3 hours ago, Gear_Jammer said:

What did you think of those Kanati Mug Hogs? I just put a set of 285/70 17's on my 2008 FJ Cruiser and thinking about getting some 295/70 17's for my 2015 2500HD. So far so good on my FJ, but curious how they'll do on a bigger heavier vehicle like my truck. 

I can’t  say a whole lot. I only had them on my truck for about 10k miles. They were a little noisy, not as loud as others I have heard going down the highway though. Didn’t have a chance to try them off-road either. I raised the front by cranking on the torsion keys. It rode like crap with the stock tires on it like that. When I put the Kanatis on they did seem to soften the ride quite a bit. For 10k miles, they did not seem to be wearing out fast either.

I liked them well enough that I bought 7 more to put on my Dually that I traded the black truck for. I had to go with the next smaller size, but I am really impressed with he ride quality on the new 3500. And I cranked the torsion bars on it as well. Only have about 1500 miles on the Dually so far.

12 hours ago, Gear_Jammer said:

I daily drive my hd on a set of those tires and they will need replacement in less than a year.  Otherwise performance is fine 

I am new to the Diesel 2500 scene so here area couple pics of my 2016. I have installed a bed liner, leveled the front end 1.5 inches, bug deflector, bed cover and nerfbars. I will do a delete when the warranty is up as it only has 27,000 miles on it. Oh ya going to install 285/70/18 tires soon. Need something a little more aggressive. 

hd 2.JPG

2016 HD.JPG

Edited by 426power

Very nice upgrade! What's the lift/wheel/tire setup?

I just took a look at it, it has Zone Off-road upper control arms and front shocks, (didn’t see level kit/torsion keys) Fuel Boost 18” wheels and Toyo open country 35x12.5 a/t’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Sold my 14 Sierra 1500 and replaced with this 15 2500. The headlights and taillights I kept from my 1500. They are 17 1500 Denali lights.  Also if anyone is interested in the white fender molding/trim PM me. I plan on selling or trading it for the standard black

mTtnvkY.jpg

fQUYKQc.jpg

gQaBG09.jpg

Edited by zmnypit
  • Like 1

I've been on this forum for a while, so I guess it's time I posted a few pics of my 2015 2500HD. Nothing special, but I like it.5b5426088937e_Frontpass.thumb.jpg.1b6eb40055b93282b9710d49474d491a.jpg

5b5425f541761_Frontdriver.thumb.jpg.d64a7227ea500f8174f73ab309ce30fd.jpgFront.thumb.jpg.9fca6f85c9aa54e6638746e202b7497a.jpg5b5426760c44c_Rearpass.thumb.jpg.e836a639bf8e6ae5c591c976bb1b15ba.jpg

It’s all about if you like it not if anyone else does. Nice clean looking truck, tires are a nice upgrade from stock. What is road noise like on these?

3 hours ago, iyoung7089 said:

It’s all about if you like it not if anyone else does. Nice clean looking truck, tires are a nice upgrade from stock. What is road noise like on these?

I just got them yesterday and only driven about 25 miles, but I haven't heard any yet.