Has anyone added or looked into adding HD/NHT style mirrors?

If I were to want to add the HD styled telescoping trailering mirrors, the mid 2015 HD trucks all have signal lights in their towing mirrors now. If I were to buy a set, would my 1500 with little mirrors that don't have signals in them have the right plugs and make them just plug and play do you know?

The current HD trucks and 1500 trucks with Max Tow use the same (DQS option code) mirrors. I swapped them onto my 1500 Denali because I wanted the big mirrors, I had to do some wiring for the clearance lights and backup lights but everything else was plug and play... however I already had the DL3 mirrors that are loaded with signal, powerfold and all the rest of the goodies... if your truck didnt originally have signal mirrors I believe you will not have all the wiring, he plug may match but I dont think the wires are in the harness. What trim level is your truck and what mirrors did you originally have?

this topic has been extensively covered, all the info you need / want to put these mirrors on are in the thread linked below. There is some re-wiring required to make everything on the DQS mirrors work. If you want the mirrors that don't powerfold it will be less of hassle on your part but it's not impossible just more expensive.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/164349-201415-hd-powerfold-oem-tow-mirrors-the-ones-weve-been-waiting-for/

Chances are if you have an LT with no current signals in your mirrors the signals will NOT be plug an play without changing door harnesses and a bunch of other things for the power fold to work if you go that route. I have an early 2015 2500HD LT Silverado and they aren't even plug and play with the signals for me so there will be wiring required or expensive door harness swaps.

I have an LT1, no signals, no power fold... don't want to add power fold either. All mine have is power adjustable and heated.

An LT HD without powerfold has the amber lights if it's built after August 2014, and does not have amber lights if built before August 2014.

Didn't find that thread thewhitestallion linked to with the search function, so thanks for that... but holy! 50+ pages, lol and dedicated to adding them with power fold in the 1st 4 or 5 pages I read.

I think my next step to be shorter than reading a 50+ page thread, I'll just check them out on actual trucks (there are perks to being a dealership GM, I have all stlye in stock on new trucks, so I'll do some personal snooping sometime) Will update if I get anywhere

dond't know if it helps, but currently the factory offers DQS (heated, chrome top and power folding) on LTZ and SLT. The DPN (new syle, heated, black top, power adjustable, not power fold) on LT, LS and SLE.

The old style camper mirror (DF2) , in manual, non-heated version is available on base sierra silverado work truck.

• 3 months later...

My dealer now has a document from GM that will list the specific part numbers to add tow mirrors. They like to have the vehicle serial number to insure they are providing the correct info.

There was also a note in the documents that if the customer truck was not built in Flint that mirror vibration will be higher than normal (due to a brace that is only installed in Flint built vehicles?).

Archived